Come out come out wherever you are!

Forum: Children with Special Needs

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Children with Special Needs LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 8th, 2007, 02:16 PM
m.and.a
Let's get this board hopping ladies. Who's here? Who visits regularly? Lets get to know each other a little better. Some of the available info in the subforum is from 2004 !

My name is Manda. I'm 29 years old. I'm an Alabama native, but I live in Virginia now. I have 8 month old twin girls who were born 9 months and 5 days after DH and I got hitched (not honey moon baby, just early birds). I love books and information. I've worked in libraries my entire life and am in Library School now. I take 2 classes a semester, and that keeps me more than busy. I don't work currently, but find myself putting loads of miles on my car taking the babies to Drs appointments.

My favorite color is red. I love red. If there is a choice for color, I choose red, which is probably why almost everything I own... is red. The new camera I got for Christmas.... red... bedroom walls.... red. You get the picture. I collect turtles and have a small turtle tattoo on my outer thigh. Had my tongue pierced once upon a time, took it out one day and just never put it back in. I'm not any kind of rebel or outsider, but I'm outspoken and stubborn.

My favorite drink is sweet tea. I watch NASCAR and have season tickets to the race in Richmond. I love Shakespeare and studied it in college. I was a techno phobe until DH and I got together and now I can't live without all my gadgets. I had no cable and dial up. He was shocked. Now I can't leave the house without my cell phone, digi camera, and PDA. I got (another) IPOD for Christmas, so I spose I should get addicted to it soon.

So.... make a post... about YOU.

(Toby Keith song is going through my head... "Wanna talk about me")

Come on ladies, don't leave me hanging.
January 8th, 2007, 06:39 PM
trisha4005's Avatar Veteran
Quote:
Let's get this board hopping ladies. Who's here? Who visits regularly? Lets get to know each other a little better. Some of the available info in the subforum is from 2004 !

My name is Manda. I'm 29 years old. I'm an Alabama native, but I live in Virginia now. I have 8 month old twin girls who were born 9 months and 5 days after DH and I got hitched (not honey moon baby, just early birds). I love books and information. I've worked in libraries my entire life and am in Library School now. I take 2 classes a semester, and that keeps me more than busy. I don't work currently, but find myself putting loads of miles on my car taking the babies to Drs appointments.

My favorite color is red. I love red. If there is a choice for color, I choose red, which is probably why almost everything I own... is red. The new camera I got for Christmas.... red... bedroom walls.... red. You get the picture. I collect turtles and have a small turtle tattoo on my outer thigh. Had my tongue pierced once upon a time, took it out one day and just never put it back in. I'm not any kind of rebel or outsider, but I'm outspoken and stubborn.

My favorite drink is sweet tea. I watch NASCAR and have season tickets to the race in Richmond. I love Shakespeare and studied it in college. I was a techno phobe until DH and I got together and now I can't live without all my gadgets. I had no cable and dial up. He was shocked. Now I can't leave the house without my cell phone, digi camera, and PDA. I got (another) IPOD for Christmas, so I spose I should get addicted to it soon.

So.... make a post... about YOU.

(Toby Keith song is going through my head... "Wanna talk about me")

Come on ladies, don't leave me hanging.[/b]
Hi, I'm Patricia or Trisha. I answer to both I have a five year old boy and a 4 year old girl. My daughter has a rare syndrome called Cockayne Syndrome. It's basically a very devastating illness without a happy outcome, but we are soaking up everything we can from our daughter.

I go to school full time from home and I homeschool my five year old.
I'm a Capricorn. I've been married since I was 18. My husband has been in the Navy for 18 years. I'm originally from Texas. Lemme see.....
I keep a blog at http://trisha4005.blogspot.com/
Anything I missed will be there, since I basically let it all hang out over there
Nice to meet everyone!

Amaris' Photoshow

January 8th, 2007, 08:19 PM
m.and.a
trisha... just checked out your blog, and you're my kind of girl. lol. you farted. HA.
January 9th, 2007, 07:17 AM
trisha4005's Avatar Veteran
Quote:
trisha... just checked out your blog, and you're my kind of girl. lol. you farted. HA.[/b]
I knew I forgot something! Hello, I'm Trisha and I fart.

Amaris' Photoshow

January 9th, 2007, 06:27 PM
*Lindsay*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Quote:
trisha... just checked out your blog, and you're my kind of girl. lol. you farted. HA.[/b]
[/b]

Okay, you girls are my instant friends! I literally LMAO every time I read this, and I too went to your blog Trish. That is sooooooo great!!!!

Okay, now Wanna talk about meeeeeeeeeeeee ! (I like country music as well)

I am Lindsay and I am 27 years old. My birthday is April 6. I have been married to my husband Nick for 4 years in July. We are highschool sweethearts and have been together 11 years this May. He is my best friend and I am so lucky. Okay, we argue too, but we have an amazingly strong love and laugh all the time!

I used to be a third grade teacher here in VA-which is where I am from. I taught 3 years going on my 4th year when I had Sydney. I love teaching. I taught in an open school which means there are no walls and the entire third grade is in one big space and the 4 third grade teachers have their own spaces, but we have no walls, or partitions. The girls I taught with are my dearest friends. We go out once a month for a girls night and I live for it.

I stay at home with Sydney now. That was the plan originally, and I just didn't go back to teaching once she was born. My class was devastated. Breaking that kind of news to 22 8 year olds is emotional for all. Everyone was crying! But, it was the right decision, and now, it is the only thing that I can be doing.

I was going to keep some kids in our home for extra money, but I really can't. We have so many appointments for Sydney and therapy appointments that I wouldn't be able to. Not to mention the fact that she could possibly have a genetic condition called MMA which means if she gets sick, we rush to the doctor/ER! We will know soon hopefully from some biopsy results whether or not she does have MMA.

Our world came crashing at Sydney's 4 month appointment. To make a very long story short, which you can put together by reading other posts of mine on here, she has microcephaly, extreme developmental delays among many other issues. But, Sydney is Sydney, and I would give my life for hers in an instant. I am 100% devoted to her and will do/learn everything I can to make things a little better.

I am doing some tutoring for a little boy who is learning English as a second Language. I enjoy it immensly and the money is good.

Oh, and Manda, RED is my favorite color as well. My bridesmaids dresses where red, as was my wedding bouquet. We have a red wall in our house too. Lot's of red everywhere.

That is me, in a nutshell. Wanna know more, ask away!

What a fun thread. We need to be more active here girls!
January 9th, 2007, 07:22 PM
Veteran
My name is Jenn and I am 36 years old. I live in Alabama now and have since moving here with my parents in 1977. I have been married for almost 15 years (on the 18th of this month) and have been a SAHM for about 7 years now. Before that I worked in the claims department of a major insurance company in our area. I loved that and hated it. Mostly hated some of the people I worked with.

There are 7 years in between my first two children because I went through years of infertility treatments trying to conceive. Finally our 2nd fresh IVF cycle was positive and I had my beautiful Cade. Then we got our huge surprise when I found that I was pg with Colton.

We stay very busy at my house so I don't get on here as often as I would like. I generally read here daily but I don't always get to post. Other things I like to do on the computer are chatting and Ebay. I buy lots of my boys clothes on Ebay and sell some things from time to time as well. My dream fun job right now would be to work at a children's boutique and get paid in clothes instead of money LOL.

I feel like a single mom most of the time because my DH works alot. There are many days that he leaves for work before the kids are up and gets home after they are in bed. This can tend to get me stressed at times and just makes for really busy days. The only time I get away from all 3 of the kids is on Saturday mornings when I go yardsaling with my mom. We have so much fun and no kids allowed!!

I sometimes think of going back to work but I really don't see how that can happen. When the thought of possibly having to put Cade in private school looms though it may be a necessity one day. I will worry about that later.

I have a great playgroup for my youngest Colton and we meet and do things at least once a week, sometimes twice. The ladies there are so nice and I really enjoy taking him. I never go to do that with Cade, although I tried, he couldn't handle it.

I am getting ready next month to be away from hubby and the kids - yes just me - for 5 days! I am going with my mom to my sister's house in GA. She has a seasonal consignment sale twice each year and I am going to help her with it and maybe shop a little. I am excited and nervous about leaving my boys. My DD is older so I know she totally gets it. DH will be in for a treat when he gets to take off work and do my shedule for a few days! LOL

OK, that is enough rambling - thanks for starting this thread - great idea!!

Jenn
January 11th, 2007, 08:27 PM
m.and.a
Quote:
My name is Jenn and I am 36 years old. I live in Alabama now and have since moving here with my parents in 1977.
Jenn[/b]

Okay Jenn, but here's the important question...

Roll Tide? or those other people?

I'm gonna teach my twins to say "Roll Tide" when asked "What does an Elephant say".

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
[/b]

Okay, you girls are my instant friends! I literally LMAO every time I read this, and I too went to your blog Trish. That is sooooooo great!!!!

That is me, in a nutshell. Wanna know more, ask away!

What a fun thread. We need to be more active here girls!
[/b]

I applied to be moderator for this thread, but I doubt I'll get it because when asked what I'd do to bring people to the forum, I said nothing, because this isn't the forum that anyone wants to ever have to join, and we hope as few people need to join as possible.

But, I think being more active is the way to go!

Being a G.R.I.T., I don't fart, I break wind. But get outtha room and quick.

I like the idea of an Open School. It anything like a Montessori?
January 12th, 2007, 06:52 AM
LuckyGirlx4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm coming in a bit late, but I've been kind of MIA lately. I'm Krista and I've been a JM member since June 2004. I'm a stay at home and homeschooling Mama to Madison-6, Anika-4 and Corbin-2. Anika has special needs; she's a former 33 weeker who has low toned Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Lung Disease, Asthma, Tracheomalacia, Laryngomalacia, severe GERD (Fundo '05/G-tube), sensory integration issues and an Arachnoid cyst on her spinal cord. She is not cognatively affected and is pretty high functioning, though as she gets bigger we can see her CP effecting her more and more. Her main problems is she has very poor fine motor skills, is very floppy, has poor endurance and a lot of pain from her hips down probably from her hyperflexibility/low muscle tone. She has been in and out of the hospital her entire life, and I feel like I should get an honorary Doctorate at this point.

</div>
January 12th, 2007, 04:45 PM
Evvy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'll jump in. I am Kristin, and I am relatively new to JM, but almost 4 years into the special needs gig. We just moved to Savannah, GA this summer (OMG I love it!) from Charlottesville, VA. We lived there 3 years, and before that we lived in New Haven, CT for 3 years. We are FROM the Philadelphia area, but not fond of winter I hop eto be in the south forever now.

Thomas, who is almost 4 has Down syndrome. He's doing great and is a joy. We found out just before Christmas that he and his brother Matthew are going to be big brothers!

January 12th, 2007, 05:56 PM
m.and.a
Congrats on the baby. DH and I want to move to Savannah ASAP. It's a great place!

Congrats on the baby news! What a great Christmas present. I found out I was having twins for Christmas last year.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search