Hi not sure where to post.....

Forum: Children with Special Needs

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Children with Special Needs LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 10th, 2004, 05:32 PM
twinsmom26
I have been going through ECE (child devolpment watch) with Maxx since he was 18 months now. He is now 33 or 34 months, three on 02/02. He started because he seemed to be very behind with his speech and cognitive. Lately he seems to be doing well with speech, but has started a lot of drooling for some reason which they seem to be concerned about. I just took him in for another evaluation last week and they will be starting him with a speech pathologist here pretty soon. He will also be going into what they call their step 3 program where he will be going to a school 2 days a week to help him with his social emotional. They said he is still at a 22 month old level when it comes to his social/emotional. I think they are also setting him up with some sort of child psychologist to look more into his sensory issues to try and pinpoint his problems. He likes to take his diapers off and play in his poo and likes to take his pudding or spaghetti sauce and smear it all over his face and hair and so on.... At first they were thinking he showed a lot of signs of sensory intergration (sp?), but he doesnt seem to fit into that category all the way. So this is why they would like a child psychologist to meet with us I guess. Maxx has a twin brother who seems to be struggling with the same issues just not as bad as Maxx, but he is learning a lot from Maxx's therapist. On most days I think he will be just fine and doesnt need any help and then someday's I think this is the best thing for him. He is a sweet kid, but get's mad a very frusruated easily. When he's mad it's hell for anyone around him. He bites his brothers and smacks me in the face over and over again. Sometimes I hold him down until he calms down and sometimes I just put him in his room until he calms his self down. When he is in a good mood he is just the sweetest kid around and he is definately a mommies boy, lol.

O.k. that's it, lol!! I just thought I would explain my situation with my son and this is the only place I really felt comfortable doing so. Thanks to anyone who got this far into my book, lol!!
October 10th, 2004, 06:59 PM
LuckyGirlx4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Welcome! What is your name?
My 2nd child, Anika is about 4 months younger than your boys .

</div>
October 11th, 2004, 05:54 AM
nmyddseyes's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to nmyddseyes Send a message via MSN to nmyddseyes Send a message via Yahoo to nmyddseyes
Well I'm glasd you came over this way. And I hope you do feel comfortable talking about anything here. Because that is why we are here for, to help be there for each other and also maybe give some good tips on the way! And in your case you got twins with special needs and I am sure you definately deserve a hug or two once in a while huh?-heck just having twins is a chore! Hope to get to know you and yours better.

-Dori
October 11th, 2004, 07:29 AM
twinsmom26
My name is Jessica. Nice to meet you guys!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search