Update on my gang, Abby's eyes....

Forum: Children with Special Needs

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Children with Special Needs LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 14th, 2004, 12:45 PM
Regular
Oh man has this been a long week, sorry I haven't been posting much..busy..busy..busy.

My eye appt on Monday went great. No new changes over the last 3 months, Yippie. I will be seen again in 5 months. I have ROP since birth and have had a detached retina before.

Some ASSHOL* has called in a Bomb threat every other day this week at my 4yo's school. He is getting scared, and doesn't want to go back sometimes. Everytime the kids must be moved outside of the buildings so it can be searched, they have stayed as much as 2 hours outside, standing with nothing to do but wait. I hope he is caught soon... the JERK.

How do I calm him about this????

Abby had another eye exam yesterday. It is time again for her yearly EUA, <examination under anaesthsia>. She needs her pressures, retina and IOL placements checked.

We will be doing that on 11/03-11/04. I need to book a hotel online as we are going to stay all night with her

Oh here is something that made me mad.....
During her visit she is always seen by an "intern" as UK is a teaching hospital. I have not problems with that, everyone needs the learn from somewhere.

But during the exam, <before Dr. Baker entered the room>. We where tld that Abby's glasses where too strong & she needed new glasses in a lower strenght...<meaning her eyes where improving> I was thrilled.

So I asked Her PO at the end of her exam, because her had not mentioned it yet. He was very angry that the intern had told us that, He said she had no business telling patients that type of info. Her job was retina only not vision. As he checked Abby again he found her vision was still the same and her glasses are the correct RX. I had my hopes up....to be shot down again....sigh. I truly respect this man for giving my baby back her vision and being honest with us along the way.

HUGS to all...... thanks for reading

Anita & Abby

Mom to Cody, Megan, Jacob & Abby

October 14th, 2004, 06:15 PM
LuckyGirlx4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm glad that Abby's eyes are stable, sometimes I really hate interns....

</div>
October 21st, 2004, 07:52 AM
threeboyznme70's Avatar Veteran
sounds like other than the intern, Abby had a great visit.

I wish I knew what to tell you about your ds's school. You're doing better than I am. I probably wouldn't have sent him back after the 2nd one.

Interns SUCK! My oldest has congenital aortic stenosis (valve disorder) and when he was 2, the doc came in with a group of interns. Because Jason's disorder is so rare in someone his age (although, I'm finding out that it's getting to be more common), Doc M always brought in a few interns/residents to listen to Jason's "click & swish" This year, there were 4 and we had already been there 2 hours when the last intern sat down to listen to him. Jason was figety and fussy and reached for the stethoscope and the intern says "YOU NEED to keep him still" I was PI$$ED. I said "YOU NEED to remove yourself from this room and don't you ever come back in here with my kid" I then told doc M that we would NOT see anymore students. And, we didn't until Jason was 12 (it doesn't matter at this point, he's a big boy, he will let anyone listen)

I've never posted on this board before, because there are so many things more serious and I feel trivial doing so. I'm on my way out the door. Maybe eventually, I'll tell Jason & Liam's stories!
October 21st, 2004, 09:21 AM
nmyddseyes's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to nmyddseyes Send a message via MSN to nmyddseyes Send a message via Yahoo to nmyddseyes
Wanted to add my hugs as well (sorry for the delay). How horrible for your son to go through that! Is it all over now? Let us know. What I would have done was tell him that the teachers are doing everything they can and that is why he has to listen and do what they say. Going outside like that will make hm safe. If the teachers felt he was in any danger they would call Mommy.

Now as for Abby and her eyes I am glad things are stable and I'm sorry the intern got ahead of herself! Sometimes, they go over their heads and that is not right. (HUGS)

-Dori

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search