Official Dx's

Forum: Children with Special Needs

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Children with Special Needs LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 11th, 2004, 12:42 PM
LuckyGirlx4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Pulminologist said that her RAD and CLD are worse than ever, she needs to have the surgery or her lungs and air way could continue to deteriorate. Of course we dont' know about the surgery for sure until we see the GI doc on Monday.

Saw the Nuerologist yesterday and she officially dx'd Anika with mild cerebral palsy. Her neurologist thinks that it's the CP that's causing her GERD to continue to be so bad (since most kids outgrow it long before they are 2). Anika is hypOtonic through out, adn she thinks it is also effecting her smooth muscles inside her body (esophagus, stomach, intestines, etc.). This has me frightened that there may be no end in sight for her digestive and respiratory problems. She also has SID for sure, but her OT is very good, so I'm hoping she will resolve some of those issues soon.

I'm so thankful that what Anika has have names, so we know how to treat her, and have some idea what to expect in the future. I keep trying to imagine what it would be like if no one knew why Anika had all these struggles. So, thank God for modern medicine So now we get to see the Pediatric Ortho-guy, and hopefully get some AFO's for Anika ASAP- the poor thing is a walking bruise!

I did get some good news this week. Anika's PT told me that she was amazed at how Anika has over compensated for her physical disabilities. Despite CP, Anika is not delayed at all physically, she does everything she sets her mind to (which is everything, lol). She looks "funny" when she does it, but she's doing it. I of course knew all of this, but it was so nice to hear it from her PT. I'm so proud of Anika!

</div>
November 11th, 2004, 01:19 PM
zonapellucida
HUGS I am glad you have some answers.
November 11th, 2004, 04:16 PM
nmyddseyes's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to nmyddseyes Send a message via MSN to nmyddseyes Send a message via Yahoo to nmyddseyes
Krista, I am glad you got some answers and now can start doing the next step. The not knowing is the hardest part especially for a parent with a young child! Now, you can hopefully focus what can make her better and/or to make her life more special.

I know you must feel awful that she may have CP and that she won't have that "perfect" life but in reality be grateful it is CP and that it is not a progressive disease. And like you said with today's modern technology they can find ways to make life more adaptable. I want to know I have had CP since birth so I have BTDT as a child, teen now as an adult and have a beauiful daughter who is "perfect" in every way (healthwise too!). I thank God every day for that. Especially when she was a Birth Control Pill baby and I didn't know until 6 weeks into my pregnancy and I was on BC and on seizure meds so there was a 10% she could have been disabled herself in some way! You know I'm here if you need to talk about anything! Or stuff on CP as well. (((((HUGS))))

-Dori

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search