I am going to fire our Op's intern...(her 3rd stri

Forum: Children with Special Needs

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Children with Special Needs LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 18th, 2004, 12:53 PM
Regular
I am soooo steamed right now, sorry if this turns into a vent. I just received Abby's glasses with her new Rx, it was updated from her last EUA. She went from +2.75/+0.75 w/bifocals to the RX reading -1.50/-1.50 w/out bifocals. I thought that was strange since I had asked her OP if she would always have bifocals added to her lenses and he said, YES. Well it was the intern who wrote out the RX this time and she wrote it WRONG. If I had not demanded that the lens rx be checked before placing my order we would have gotten the wrong lenses, been out all that time and money waiting the correct ones.

This is the third mistake on her part....(1) she told us Abby's eyes where improving, which at the time was not true. Dr. Baker nicely said she should keep her mouth shut. LOL. (2)...she told me Abby had a "flow" mumor on her heart, again not true....(3) and now she gets the RX wrong. I know that the University Of Kentucky is a teaching hospital, and I have no problem with that, everyone needs to learn from somewhere. But I will be asking at our follow-up appt. in December, that Abby not been seen by this certain intern any longer. Am I being over-protective , what would you do?

Anita & Abby (28mths, +22 IOL's Rx -1.50, add +3 both eyes)

Mom to Cody, Megan, Jacob & Abby

November 18th, 2004, 02:51 PM
nmyddseyes's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to nmyddseyes Send a message via MSN to nmyddseyes Send a message via Yahoo to nmyddseyes
Nope you are not being overly protective! I would be outraged. 3xs a charm I say. I hope things getting now for Abby and her future visits. ((((HUGS))))

P.S. I would also write a letter to the biig guys and voice your concerns about this intern as well before she becomes a real doctor! Scary!

-Dori
November 18th, 2004, 03:19 PM
Veteran
IMHO following your gut instincts is never being over protective.

You have been more than patient and you have given her enough chances.

This is your daughter's health and well being we're talking about. You have every right to be protective and to demand the best.

Teaching hospitals are tough.

I went through that - bad interns - constant string of trouble - I found a new doctor who was no longer at a teaching hospital.

I also put it into our birth plan that no interns or students be allowed in the room with us when we are having our baby.

Who needs the stress?

No, I think you did the right thing. Always follow your instincts.

This actually touches on a string I was going to launch - I'm definitely going to now...

thanks!

I had been debating but after reading this I got my answer!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search