How did you get pregnant?

Forum: VBAC: Vaginal Birth After a Caesarean

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To VBAC: Vaginal Birth After a Caesarean LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 27th, 2010, 06:36 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to WendyBird Send a message via Yahoo to WendyBird
Now girls, get your minds out of the gutter! LOL

Were you ttc? Were you on birth control and it failed? Were you NTNP? Was it an oops? Were you ttc a specific gender? Did you do anything to help you get pregnant (other than the obvious )? Temping, opk's, fertility monitors, saliva testers, infertility treatments, pre-seed, vitamins, etc?

My Ovulation Chart

May 28th, 2010, 07:10 AM
Jara's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We were ttc :-) Trying for a girl (DH didn't know that) and I was temping checking cp and cm :-)

Wyatt(5) Lydia(2) Emerson(5) Kaeden(7)
May 28th, 2010, 08:01 AM
nuclearwife82's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to nuclearwife82
We were TTC and got it right the first time. . . same with our son. We just had sex pretty much every day lol.

May 28th, 2010, 01:26 PM
Mega Super Mommy
NTNP... out of all the months of ntnp I thought the month I conceived would have been the "safest". Not a lot of dtd was going on because we were busy. I know when I ovulated and we didn't dtd until 3 days after. The months before we were more active and definitely did on ovulation day and nothing happened.
May 28th, 2010, 01:35 PM
lhug_nar's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to lhug_nar Send a message via MSN to lhug_nar Send a message via Yahoo to lhug_nar
TTC - Although DH told me he was TTC a girl... We got another boy We weren't doing anything other than DTD and letting nature take her course.
May 28th, 2010, 05:49 PM
TheOtherMichelle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Lazy rhythm method! Like we had sex on day 8-10 one month but I wasn't temping or checking cm, and I think I ovulate early. Or dh has long-lived swimmers. Whatever, surprise!

May 28th, 2010, 06:57 PM
Jenna's Avatar AWESOME!!!
NTNP... Both DF and I had suspicions that one of us might have fertility issues, so we never really worried about getting oopsie-pregnant. Turns out we were wrong. And happily so.
May 28th, 2010, 07:11 PM
Veteran
#1 With our first, my son, my hubby and I just got married and we were both really young (I was 22 1/2, hubby was 19 I think). I was supposed to be on AF during my honey moon so I took BC throughout that week so I would skip my period. When we got back from our honey moon I decided to go off BC and let my body "take a break". Well during that time I was off the pill I got pregnant, we knew what we were doing... call it "throwing caution to the wind". Anyways, I conceived mid August, found out I was prego first week in September when I missed my period.

#2 We were TTC for a baby girl. Didn't do anything "special" just kept it in God's hands. Never checked temp. or charted, we just did "it" a lot because it was fun and left it at that LOL. I had been on birth control for a little over two years, went off of it mid August and conceived early October. Before we were TTC I took my mom to a baby clothes store and had her buy me a pink "going home" outfit for a little girl, told her I just knew in my heart God was going to gives us a daughter. She thought I was nuts but bought the outfit, and now we are having a girl!

Last edited by volz83; June 1st, 2010 at 02:53 PM.
May 31st, 2010, 07:03 PM
blessdmommy's Avatar Happy mama to 3!
Send a message via AIM to blessdmommy
with DS1 we had failed BC. With DS2 I had decided to chart after my first pp af and well we didn't follow the reals of avoiding during fertile times...lol

Mama to 3, expecting #4 in December!

May 31st, 2010, 07:37 PM
NutMeg76's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have a lot of them, you have time to read it all?

#1, we were naive and just didn't use protection, I got pregnant probably the very first time we had sex. We weren't married yet.

#2, once I enlisted in teh Air Force and we knew we could afford a baby and had insurance we started to TTC, it took three cycles. I cahrted, because I always chart since we do NFP.

#3, we were trying, hard, using charting, but trying to conceive a girl, so it took longer...but we were succesful.

#4, she took the longest. We were trying for over a year, again charting and timing sex perfectly. I was ready to go ask for assistance, when I complained about my thyroid and lack of weight loss despite working very hard at it. I was also still having symptoms of hypothyroid. The doc decided that although my numbers were still normal, they were on the high end of normal and I was still having symptoms, so she upped my meds. I started feeling better and lo and behold I was pregnant the next cycle.

#5, we were trying to avoid, but I was pretty sure I was probably fertile, but also figured that since it took so long with the last two it would be okay. Well, we had our second 'surprise' pregnancy. Although I had a better idea that it was possible to get pregnant, but didn't particularly care if I did.

When they persisted in questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "Let the person among you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her." John 8:7
Sail Back to Me
June 1st, 2010, 07:43 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to WendyBird Send a message via Yahoo to WendyBird
We were ttc for over a year with #1. I was temping. At the year point we made appointments to get tested. He was fine, I had a very short LP (which I knew as I was charting) of only 6-8 days. At 16 months into the whole thing I had my appointment scheduled for more tests. I had to cancel because I got pregnant that month.

With #2 we were ttc again. I had the IUD taken out and we got pregnant that cycle.

With #3 we were trying for over a year again - trying for a girl. Then we moved and decided to wait until we got settled. So while we were wanting, it was technically and oops.

I'll be ready to sttc when DH gets home from his deployment. As much as I wanted a girl, I'm hoping for another boy this time, LOL! But, it's going to be more of a...it'll happen when it happens, kind of thing. Not all crazy with the charting and stuff and BD'ing on demand.

My Ovulation Chart

June 1st, 2010, 10:30 AM
~*Kixs*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
With this little peanut DH and I had been NTNP since DS was born in July 2008. We pratice NFP so I knew my fertile times but we were open to another child so it did not matter to us.

I BF DS for 13m (and did not get my 1st pp AF until 6m) so that kept me from Oing most months. I stopped BF in September 2009 and got pg in Feb 2010. And I really did NOT think Feb was our month b/c we were really busy with other things and did not really DTD much

June 7th, 2010, 03:26 PM
KatieHeitman's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to KatieHeitman Send a message via Skype™ to KatieHeitman
With #1 we were TTC. I was temping and using a fertility monitor. It took over 3 years to conceive Alex, with one miscarriage along the way.

With this current pregnantcy we were TTC. I was temping and using OPK's, it only took 3 cycles (I have long irregular cycles).

Last edited by KatieHeitman; June 7th, 2010 at 03:29 PM.
June 7th, 2010, 06:06 PM
Angel.Eyes4351's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
With #1 we had been engaged for about 6mo, and tada!

With this baby, TTC using charting, temping, cp,cm, opks... And it paid off! After having am IUD for 4yrs, I got pregnant on my 2nd cycle!

and introducing Julia Pearl

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search