How's everyone doing today?

Forum: VBAC: Vaginal Birth After a Caesarean

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To VBAC: Vaginal Birth After a Caesarean LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 1st, 2010, 06:48 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to WendyBird Send a message via Yahoo to WendyBird
Are you having a good day? Anything happening? Did you have a good Memorial Day weekend? Anything new and exciting coming up?

June 1st, 2010, 08:24 AM
nuclearwife82's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to nuclearwife82
I'm waiting to go into labor. My due date was Friday and I've been waiting patiently. I went to a party on Sunday and everyone was asking me when I am due and suddenly felt sorry for me when I said I was due Friday. My midwife is going to strip my membranes tomorrow. Hopefully, I will have a baby this weekend!

June 1st, 2010, 10:56 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Good luck Kelly! Are you going to be giving us a play by play? Do you have someone that will keep us updated?

June 1st, 2010, 01:41 PM
Veteran
I am now 36 weeks and starting over the weekend I have had a lot of off again/on again Braxton hicks and some very mild contractions (no pattern to them). Still have about 3 weeks till due date (June 26th), I am also now taking primrose oil (sp?). Met my doula in person for the first time just this last Friday and I really really like her (so does my 3 yr old son). Everything is ready for baby, just need to have one now! I am so done being prego lol

The best thing so far is I now only have 2 1/2 weeks left of work before I am a stay-at-home mommy!
June 1st, 2010, 02:49 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm in a good mood even though it's been "one of those days". I discovered at 6am that our fridge died. There was a puddle of water in the kitchen and all the freezer food was mush and the fridge warm. We had just loaded up on groceries yesterday too.

I called the landlord to let him know. So I spent the morning hauling food to the dumpster while trying to watch my 1 year old daughter and 1 year old niece. I talked to my inlaws and they brought over a dorm size fridge to borrow. When I opened it it was covered with mold and mildew. Yuck! Then the landlord showed up... He decided the fridge isn't going to work and said he was going to go buy us a new one so we could have it by this evening, but since he saw we had a backup fridge he will just try to fix an old clunker he has in his garage and try to get it to us in the next few days. I asked him about the dryer vent which wasn't working (it was taking 5-6 cycles to dry one small load). Dh got one of those inside vents which lets all the steam into the house which makes it really humid/hot and is mildewing our walls. The plan was to use it temporarily until the landlord got a chance to come fix the outside vent. Anyways, the landlord says he can't fix the outside vent and to "keep using the one that heats the house up, only do small loads, and clean the lint trap more often." (I clean it every day!!) Oh... and the landlord apparently had tar on his shoes, so now I have to figure out how to get tar out of the white carpet.

Memorial day I spent babysitting niece as usual. Dh was home from work, which was nice except he spent a lot of time pacing around and made a lot of messes for me to clean. Lol

About one month until we hopefully find out the gender!! I can't wait!!
June 1st, 2010, 03:20 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Wow, that was a bad day! I'm happy to hear that you're doing so well in spite of it!

June 1st, 2010, 04:04 PM
TheOtherMichelle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Eh... overall I'm good, we had a nice weekend. Today I have been a little bummed... I think because I've come as far as I can with going back and hashing out my birth experience. Since I'm not planning on ttc until next year, I think it's started to do me more harm than good to keep on hanging around these boards and dwelling on it, kwim? I think I'm done with my ICAN group for the time being, too. I just need a break. Plus for a long time I have wanted to work in this field, but emotionally I just can't now. A successful vbac may change that, or it may not. Or I could end up needing another c-section or have problems with infertility, who knows? So I am finally facing the fact that the area I have wanted to work in isn't good for me now and may never be, and I need to find something new to do with my life. Urgh.. how's that for pathetic and melodramatic? lol

Anyway, blah, blah, blah... I'm done. Otherwise I'm peachy.

June 1st, 2010, 04:23 PM
Veteran
I'm slightly frustrated. Dr. today said baby looks good but they are doing a sono to check fluid levels thursday. If I don't go by Monday he wants to start talking options, which aren't many. I just don't get it. I am contracting every few minutes but they aren't doing anything to my cervix and the babys head is super low but nada.

PLEASE send me some serious labor dust. I just can't handle another c-section.
June 1st, 2010, 04:27 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Labor vibes headed you way!!!

June 1st, 2010, 04:40 PM
nuclearwife82's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to nuclearwife82
I don't know about a play by play but I am bringing my netbook to the hospital with me and I will update as soon as I can!

June 2nd, 2010, 10:38 AM
blessdmommy's Avatar Happy mama to 3!
Send a message via AIM to blessdmommy
Our weekend was nice. We had fun with the boys at the park.

GL to all you ladies who are expecting to birth anytime soon! I wish you all the best!

Mama to 3, expecting #4 in December!
rate 6/5/2014: 164 rate 6/23/2014: 165 14w5d

June 2nd, 2010, 03:02 PM
Jaci's Avatar I AM a Doula :)
To all you mama's who are waiting to go into labor, get down on your hands and knees! Or better yet, put your legs up on your couch and your chin on the floor. Especially if you are noticing a stop and start pattern with your contractions but they aren't causing you to dilate. Get that baby into position!

Thanks to *Kiliki* for my siggie!

Our Family Blog

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search