I have a question...

Forum: VBAC: Vaginal Birth After a Caesarean

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To VBAC: Vaginal Birth After a Caesarean LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 6th, 2010, 05:09 AM
Karlie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
The OB I saw at my last appointment told me that if I have a VBac I will be continuously monitered during the birth because the best way to pick up on uterine ruture is via fetal heart rate dropping? Did those of you who have sucessfully Vbac'd have this? I really hate the thought of being strapped to some kind of monitor and unable to move etc if I did attempt a Vbac. Sorry if that sounds petty, that's just one of the million concerns bouncing around my head at the moment!

June 6th, 2010, 05:52 AM
WhoaMomma!'s Avatar Danielle
Do they offer wireless EFM at your hospital? I was monitored continuously for my induction and suspect it will be required at my hospital for a VBAC (though I'm very curious to know what they do if I just refuse), but it was all wireless. I had to wear those stupid belts, but it didn't restrict my movement nearly as much as you would think.

My daughter is perfect, but her birth was not. If you or someone you love is struggling to cope with a traumatic childbirth experience, please visit http://www.solaceformothers.org/
June 6th, 2010, 06:10 AM
Karlie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't know anthing about wireless FHMs. I probably should have asked the OB but my appointment went downhill so fast I wasn't thinking straight. I shall find out! Do wireless FHM's mean no water? Or are they waterproof?

June 6th, 2010, 06:20 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to WendyBird Send a message via Yahoo to WendyBird
I had to compromise by agreeing to have continuous monitoring. But, the hospital I went to (chose it because of this) had the wireless unit. So, I was strapped with the belts, but I could walk around and do whatever, and they are waterproof, so I could go in the shower if I wanted to. Never did, and the battery ended up dying halfway through, but by then I was on an IV to try to help the baby, so, didn't much matter.

But even if you don't have a wireless one, you can really move around a lot. It's just all going to be near the bed. But you can bounce on a ball, walk a bit, rock in a rocker, etc.

I'm sorry your OB appointment went so badly!
Kyron, Porter, Donovan, Jocelyn, & expecting #5

June 6th, 2010, 01:54 PM
NutMeg76's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Most hospitals require CFM for VBAC, even though there is evidence that suggests CFM actually leads to more unnecessary c-sections then it helps with doing ones that are needed.

The best indication for uterine rupture is mom, intuition, feelings or pain, specfifally a pain that is very intense or an unusual feeling that is present all the time and not just during a contraction.

But, since most places do require CFM, it doesn't surprise me that your hospital woudl also. Some will agree to let you have 15 mintues of monitoring every hour if you ask nicely. And like Wendy said a place iwth the wireless monitors is great because they provide you more freedom.

When they persisted in questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "Let the person among you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her." John 8:7
Sail Back to Me
June 7th, 2010, 10:58 AM
~*Kixs*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I was monitored continuously for my induction in bed. I was able to sit up, lay down, move around in bed, but had to stay in bed. It was not ideal but it was better than a c/s IMHO. But mine could have been b/c I was on pit.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search