Introduction

Forum: VBAC: Vaginal Birth After a Caesarean

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To VBAC: Vaginal Birth After a Caesarean LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 6th, 2010, 06:50 AM
WhoaMomma!'s Avatar Danielle
Hello Ladies!

I'm Danielle (28) - wife to Billy and mommy to Claire (8.12.09) and cohost of the Aug 09 PR and the Labor and Childbirth Board. Here is a link to my birth story if anyone is interested: http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f8...l#post19048029 (Charlotte Claire Dass ~ 8/12/09 ~ Failed Induction & ER Cesarean)

My DH and I are hoping to start TTC baby #2 in the next few months. Since I am 100% committed to a VBAC, I thought maybe I should go ahead and get my feet wet on this board and get to know you ladies.

I already know that the next time around I will be doing a few things differently:

1) I am going to fudge my LMP by 7 days to avoid the hospital's stupid deadline and refuse any early u/s when they might try to change my due date. I already know from working with my midwifery practice that they believe a woman knows her body better than a machine. So by 20 weeks when the u/s dating can be off anyway, I am confident they will not try to change the due date.

2) I am going to look into prenatal chiropractic care to see if that could improve my chances of having a well positioned baby. Claire never engaged at all. When she was born, she was posterior, asynclictic, and had a very short and double-wrapped nuchal cord. I also had an anterior placenta which I believe contributed to her malpositioning. Not much I can do about that except hope that Baby #2 implants on the correct side of the uterus.

Any other suggestions are very welcome!

My daughter is perfect, but her birth was not. If you or someone you love is struggling to cope with a traumatic childbirth experience, please visit http://www.solaceformothers.org/
June 6th, 2010, 07:17 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to WendyBird Send a message via Yahoo to WendyBird
Hello and Welcome! I'm glad that you've decided to join us. It's always a good idea to figure out what's going on ahead of time.

I've thought so many times about fudging my LMP's before. I just never actually did that. But I can see why skipping the early ultrasound would be a good way to help with that.

Good luck with your DH getting a job, ttc, and attempting a VBAC! Please let us know if you have any questions. I look forward to getting to know you! I'm Wendy, I have 3 boys, and my youngest was a VBA2C in Feb '08.

My Ovulation Chart

June 6th, 2010, 09:13 AM
Jaci's Avatar I AM a Doula :)
Hello and welcome! I'm posting and running so I haven't checked out your birth story yet but with the few details you sound similar to me I have malpositioned babies as well. I also fudged my LMP since I knew the conception date. I would have been off by 6 days and since Graeme wasn't born until 41 and 1, well I know the doctor would have had itchy fingers if she really thought I was at 42 weeks!

Thanks to *Kiliki* for my siggie!

Our Family Blog
June 6th, 2010, 10:19 AM
Veteran
I just read your birth story and you and I went through a lot of the same things! I too got induced but I agreed to it mainly because I didn't know any better, trusted my doctor. I was already dilated to 2cm when I was induced, they had me on the pit for 12hrs of which it did NOTHING. They took me off of it that evening, inserted some sort of thing that was supposed to dilate my cervix but in the morning it to did nothing. My doc came in and broke my water which caused my son's cord to prolapse of which it lead to an ER c-section (a poor nurse had to hold my son's cord inside of me keeping him alive). He was born just fine (thankfully) but after I woke up I stopped breathing, almost lost my life, and was put on morphing for the pain. I too was in and out of consciousness and I couldn't even hold my son until late afternoon the next day! Which meant I didn't BF him till late the next day because of that my milk was late to come in and I ended up having to supplement (they fed him formula). My son ended up having a lot of stomach aches/gas because of the formula. I have read c-section babies are more at risk for allergies and asthma especially if they are not 100% breastfed, I really do feel this is the case with my son (he is 3 now and has allergies and mild asthma). In the end to add insult to injury my doc told me my uterus was too tired to push my son out and that I have small hips and probably would have needed an c-section in the end!! O ya and the nursery workers told my hubby as well that my son was not over due (my son only weighed 7lbs 2 ounces) and was actually early and wasn't ready to be born yet "not done cooking". Go figure!

Anyways, I really do hope you are able to Vback and have a supportive doctor! I am 37 weeks pregnant with my daughter and plan on a Vback. So far I have a supportive doctor and a doula.

Keep us updated!

Last edited by volz83; June 6th, 2010 at 10:22 AM.
June 6th, 2010, 06:32 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Lol, welcome Danielle! Haven't I been trying to get you to come check it out over here for a while???
June 8th, 2010, 09:40 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Welcome! I told my ob that "since I was still breastfeeding" I didn't know when my LMP was this time. I know exactly when it was and I know when I ovulated.

Last pregnancy they insisted on March 28th being my due date. I had my first sonogram at 20 weeks and it was off. So doctor ordered another sonogram at 30 weeks to double check which changed my due date to April 13th. I had DD April 18th. The doctor I saw for DD to me the policy they go by is if two sonograms are 14 or more days off they change the date. They had a "deadline" of not going more than 7 days past due date and were going to induce me April 20th. It scares me to think that if the sonogram had been just a few days off they would have kept the March 28th date and then induced me before DD was ready. (She was only 6lbs. 3 oz being "past due".) Since I told them I didn't know this time they did an early sonogram and the date they gave me matches when I ovulated.

I plan on finding a chiropractor too since I want to avoid another breech baby.

I don't really have any advice, just wanted to say I understand what you are thinking and welcome!! Hope you get to TTC soon!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search