New Here

Forum: VBAC: Vaginal Birth After a Caesarean

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To VBAC: Vaginal Birth After a Caesarean LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 7th, 2010, 03:20 PM
KatieHeitman's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to KatieHeitman Send a message via Skype™ to KatieHeitman
Hey ladies. I am new to the VBAC board, but not JM. I do lurk here quite a bit though. Thought I should finally introduce myself since I now know that I am going to try for a VBAC.

I am Katie (28) and DH is Bob (31). We have a son, Alex, who was born March 26th, 2009. I was in labor with him for 24 hours and ended up having a C-Section because he wouldn't turn his head and just a combination of things. We are pregnant with #2, another boy, EDD is August 12th. Our first DS was born 3 1/2 weeks early, so we'll see when this baby decides to come. I am much more uncomfortable this time around though.

Anyways...we live in a smaller town so none of the doctor's here will attempt VBAC's. So for months I decided just to do another C-Section, but was really bothered by it. So we got a second opinion that completely changed my mind and DH's mind about having another C-Section. So now we are going to drive 100 miles to a bigger city so that I can attempt a VBAC. I'm not happy about the 100 miles, but I know I'm going to be fine and I am much happier knowing I can get another chance to have a kid naturally. A part of me will be let down if I can't achieve a VBAC, but it's worth it to me to be able to at least try. So here's to hoping I can do it!
June 7th, 2010, 06:42 PM
lhug_nar's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to lhug_nar Send a message via MSN to lhug_nar Send a message via Yahoo to lhug_nar
Good luck! I'm glad that you're able to drive at least somewhere around you to attempt your VBAC and get the support you need.
June 7th, 2010, 08:30 PM
NutMeg76's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Welcome to the group!

When they persisted in questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "Let the person among you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her." John 8:7
Sail Back to Me
June 8th, 2010, 09:09 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi! I understand how you feel... I know if I can't achieve a vbac a part of me will be disappointed. Sometimes I think "why try and risk putting yourself through that disappointment", but I know when it comes down to it I have to give myself a chance. I would drive 100 miles too if I were in your shoes!
June 9th, 2010, 10:45 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to WendyBird Send a message via Yahoo to WendyBird
Hello and welcome! I'm Wendy, and I had a VBA2C 2 years ago. It is an amazing experience, and I agree...you have to at least try! I drove over 2 hours to the hospital I went to. I wish you the best of luck!!! I've added you to our member list. Please ask any questions you might have!

My Ovulation Chart

June 10th, 2010, 07:42 AM
Tofu Bacon
Welcome!!
June 10th, 2010, 03:19 PM
itsymama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to itsymama
That's great that you will be able to try, and that you didn't let those few doctors there keep you from what you really want to do. Sometimes we have to go out of our way to reach what matters to us most.

And ya know, even if this doesn't work out for you, you will be proud of yourself for trying, for giving it all you had, and with good reason!

Brandon Michael Born By Cesarean 8-3-04 ~ Hannah Elizabeth Born By Natural VBAC 1-14-08 ~ Surprise Baby Love Due 1-18-11

June 12th, 2010, 10:54 AM
Veteran
Welcome!

I am pregnant with my second, I am now just 38 weeks and I'm going to attempt a vback! I am afraid of being disappointed too if it doesn't work out but I know that I would be even more disappointed in myself if I never gave it a try!

Good luck!
June 12th, 2010, 03:06 PM
Jara's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Welcome! I see you are in Marshell MN, I have family that lives there :-) Do you mind if I ask where you will be going for your VBAC? I live in northern IA and will be going to Sioux Falls ( Sanford) for mine :-)

Wyatt(5) Lydia(2) Emerson(5) Kaeden(7)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search