pregnant right away after c-section

Forum: VBAC: Vaginal Birth After a Caesarean

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To VBAC: Vaginal Birth After a Caesarean LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 9th, 2010, 11:22 AM
I was wondering about vbac and how long you should have waited to get pg to be allowed/able to do that?

I got pg 3 months after my c-section and so followed by a high risk OB who will automatically do a c-section. I know it's better but I was wondering if anyone knows of anybody have a vaginal birth after getting pg so soon?

I know it's probably impossible but just wanted to make sure.

thanks

Lycase
June 9th, 2010, 11:30 AM
~*Kixs*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I really don't know. Typically it is advised to wait 12m before repeat c/s. Wonder if a VBAC would be the same?

I had a ectopic pg back on 2007 and had my right tube removed then got pg with DS a month later. I was still able to have a VBAC even though I surgery involving my uterus less than a year before. Then again it was on the top part of my uterus. Still just want to share and maybe give you hope.

Hope one of the other ladies has a better answer for you. Good luck with this new LO.

June 9th, 2010, 12:07 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to WendyBird Send a message via Yahoo to WendyBird
The general rule is that you should wait 12 months. But that is from birth to birth, not birth to pregnancy. So, if your baby is 3 months old, that would put you just right at 12 months, right? Why are you with a high risk OB? Is there some complication that we don't know about? If it's just because you had a cesarean 3 months ago, I really don't think you need to see him.

I don't know anyone personally that's done it so close together, but I know there have been some ladies on this board that have done it.

Good luck! And congratulations.

June 9th, 2010, 06:26 PM
KatieHeitman's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to KatieHeitman Send a message via Skype™ to KatieHeitman
My son was born by C-Section in March 2009. I got pregnant again in November 2009. I have been told by 2 doctor's that you should wait 18 months before getting pregnant. Then a 3rd doctor (a Perinatologist), told me that it's best to wait at least 12 months to get pregnant, and that from birth to birth it's best to have 18 months between them. Mine will be around 17 months between births. I want to try for a VBAC, so I'm just waiting for the Perinatologist's final approval. But from all the information I've been told by 3 different doctor's and information I've gathered myself it is best to try for a VBAC. The more C-Sections you have the riskier it gets to have children (more risks for the baby and you).
June 10th, 2010, 06:35 AM
Tofu Bacon
Welcome! It best to wait a while to make sure your scar has time to heal, but in all likelihood that could mean that they will monitor your scar more closely during labor. Red Raspberry Leaf tea helps strengthen and tone your uterus, so if you start drinking a cup a day in the first trimester, it will increase the odds of your scar being strong enough.
June 12th, 2010, 04:02 AM
I had a c/s July 03 and got pregnant when my daughter was 5mths old. I had a VBAC Aug 04, 13mths after the c/s and everything went fine.
June 14th, 2010, 10:52 AM
The Purple Butterfly's Avatar Stacey
I believe 12mos is the "rule" but if you avoid interventions (pitocin, cervadil, epi etc) your chances of having anything serious happening may be slim. Honestly, the most risks will be when you're pg.
Oliver (5) VBA2C, 7lbs 3oz, 19.5" ~ Grayson (10/16/13) 2VBA2C, 9lbs 12oz, 22"
born sleeping at 39w pg; Protein C def, FVL, PAI-1 , & MTHFR
Lavender Kate (5/20/14) 2.5oz, 6" Lost at 16w

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search