Hey !

Forum: VBAC: Vaginal Birth After a Caesarean

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To VBAC: Vaginal Birth After a Caesarean LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 25th, 2010, 01:02 PM
Micksbabe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My name is Megan and Dh is Mick, we have a 7 month old daughter, named Hunter Simone, I just got my today. I am due March 29, 2011. My first DD was a c-section after 24 hours of labour and 3 hours of pushing, she never entered the birth canal. My doctor told me that I will be able to attempt a VBAC although he did recommend not getting pregnant until she was a year old

It will be 15 months between deliveries, so I am hoping that he will still let me try, I know they want 18 months but I am sure that I have had enough time to heal. I know there are a few ladies who had successful VBAC's shortly after their c-section and that gives me great hope!!

Anyways I just wanted introduce myself. I lurk alot and this has been a great place to gather information about VBAC's

Thank you Bokkechick for my gorgeous siggie

July 25th, 2010, 04:14 PM
KatieHeitman's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to KatieHeitman Send a message via Skype™ to KatieHeitman
If your doctor tells you no and you really want a VBAC then go for a second opinion. My son was born March 2009 by C-Section after 24 hours of labor with 4 of those hours pushing. I am due with our second son August 12th. There will only be 16 months between deliveries. I had 3 doctors tell me no for a VBAC, in fact all of the doctor's from my town said no (I live in a town of 13,000 but there is a hospital there). Anyways...I finally found a Perinatologist (one step above an OBGYN and they specialize in high risk) who said she will let me try a VBAC, but it is 100 miles away from home. So you just need to fight for what you want. Good luck!
July 25th, 2010, 04:43 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to WendyBird Send a message via Yahoo to WendyBird
Hello Megan, welcome to the VBAC board. Congratulations on your pregnancy! I hope you stick around, and that you'll let us go with you on this journey!

July 26th, 2010, 01:25 PM
Micksbabe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am hoping to stick around to! My first doctor's appointment is August 17th, so I will talk with my doctor then and see what the deal is

Thank you Bokkechick for my gorgeous siggie

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search