I was just wondering

Forum: VBAC: Vaginal Birth After a Caesarean

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To VBAC: Vaginal Birth After a Caesarean LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 2nd, 2010, 12:32 PM
Micksbabe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have heard that second labours are often faster and easier. Is this the same after a c-section? I made it to 10 cm and pushed for 3 hours (all in a 24 hour period) so I am hoping that my second labour (first VBAC) will be a little shorter.

I have read that a labour after a csection is basically like having a first labour all over again, did you ladies find this to be true?

Thank you Bokkechick for my gorgeous siggie

August 2nd, 2010, 01:04 PM
MamaMandy's Avatar is it Spring yet??
I am curious about this too. I FEEL like a first time mom! I never went into labor, and honestly think the c/s was done too early. Nothing concrete, just a mom thing. I am nervous but looking forward to natural progression - whatever that may be!

Children are not little adults, but they ARE people too!

There's a reason they are called dependents...

AP is not alternative to those who see no other choice

http://helpguide.org/mental/parentin...t_disorder.htm

August 2nd, 2010, 02:32 PM
lhug_nar's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to lhug_nar Send a message via MSN to lhug_nar Send a message via Yahoo to lhug_nar
I found it to be true that labor after my c-section was like having a first time labor... I labored for 43 hrs including the 3 hrs I pushed.
August 2nd, 2010, 04:05 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to WendyBird Send a message via Yahoo to WendyBird
For me it was like a first labor, but that's because it WAS a first labor. I had two cesareans, but had never been in labor.

However, the reason they say that the second labor goes faster is because your body remembers. So, if you labored all the way to 10cm, then I see no reason why the theory wouldn't still hold true for you.

August 2nd, 2010, 05:13 PM
Yah my first labour was only 24 hours, so I am hoping that it is shorter if not the same length I know I can do at least 24 hours

I am so excited to be able to try for a VBAC, I felt really robbed after my first birth, I think that it will help me to heal.

August 2nd, 2010, 05:43 PM
KatieHeitman's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to KatieHeitman Send a message via Skype™ to KatieHeitman
I labored for 24 hours with my son Alex, 4 of which I pushed for. Then it ended in a C-Section. This time around at 38 1/2 weeks I am already 5cm and 100% effaced. I'm sure my labor will be faster this time around. The doctor thinks it will be quick too. We shall see by this weekend for sure.
August 2nd, 2010, 05:55 PM
MamaMandy's Avatar is it Spring yet??
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiff F. View Post
I found it to be true that labor after my c-section was like having a first time labor... I labored for 43 hrs including the 3 hrs I pushed.
If you don't mind me asking, were you at the hospital that whole time? And how much was painful labor? Wait, don't answer that 2nd question! Unless you are going to tell me, "oh, hardly any!" I didn't think most hospitals were that patient, I've heard I should labor at home til the going gets really rough because docs tend to want to c/s after only a few hours of laboring. Or maybe it's just the ones around here that are so c/s happy?

Children are not little adults, but they ARE people too!

There's a reason they are called dependents...

AP is not alternative to those who see no other choice

http://helpguide.org/mental/parentin...t_disorder.htm

August 2nd, 2010, 09:01 PM
lhug_nar's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to lhug_nar Send a message via MSN to lhug_nar Send a message via Yahoo to lhug_nar
I labored at home for the first 18 hrs. I was at 6cm when I went to the hospital. I had an epidural when I got there because I was done being in pain. I had a wonderful VBAC doc who believes that unless it's true distress with the mother or the baby, there's no reason to cut at all. I labored 12 hrs with my first and delivered vag, 29 hrs + 2hrs pushing with my second and ended up with a c-section due to failure to wait on the doc's part. I was VERY VERY VERY lucky that I had the doc I had with my VBAC.
August 2nd, 2010, 09:10 PM
Sk8ermaiden's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
The consensus of the other moms on my ICAN list seems to be that I'll labor like a second timer and push like a first timer. (labored to 10 and pushed for 9 hours)

August 2nd, 2010, 10:29 PM
NutMeg76's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think VBAC is only like a first time labor if you didn't labor the first time, like if you had a planned c-section for breech or a big baby.

When they persisted in questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "Let the person among you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her." John 8:7
Sail Back to Me
August 2nd, 2010, 10:37 PM
~Lindsay~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I sure hope so! hahaha I have been interviewing doulas, and they all seem very excited that I made it to 9.5 cm with DD.

August 3rd, 2010, 07:31 AM
The Purple Butterfly's Avatar Stacey
Ana was 18hrs prior to c/s, Noah was 17hrs post PROM but I got to the pushing before the c/s, Oliver was 34hrs post PROM and he was my VBA2C!! For me it def didn't get shorter.
Oliver (5) VBA2C, 7lbs 3oz, 19.5" ~ Grayson (10/16/13) 2VBA2C, 9lbs 12oz, 22"
born sleeping at 39w pg; Protein C def, FVL, PAI-1 , & MTHFR
Lavender Kate (5/20/14) 2.5oz, 6" Lost at 16w

August 3rd, 2010, 08:46 AM
It is so nice to hear everyone's experiences. I am not worried about the pushing part, the nurse and doctor both said I was a really good pusher, but my DD never entered the birth canal (she was coming out flat headed, no tucked chin and sunny side up).

Thanks for all the great info ladies

August 3rd, 2010, 09:09 AM
The Purple Butterfly's Avatar Stacey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Micksbabe View Post
It is so nice to hear everyone's experiences. I am not worried about the pushing part, the nurse and doctor both said I was a really good pusher, but my DD never entered the birth canal (she was coming out flat headed, no tucked chin and sunny side up).

Thanks for all the great info ladies
I only pushed for 15-20min.
Oliver (5) VBA2C, 7lbs 3oz, 19.5" ~ Grayson (10/16/13) 2VBA2C, 9lbs 12oz, 22"
born sleeping at 39w pg; Protein C def, FVL, PAI-1 , & MTHFR
Lavender Kate (5/20/14) 2.5oz, 6" Lost at 16w

August 4th, 2010, 10:30 AM
That is so great to hear !!! I can't wait to talk to my doctor about VBAC at my first appointment on the 17th

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search