My check-up today. (x-posted)

Forum: VBAC: Vaginal Birth After a Caesarean

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To VBAC: Vaginal Birth After a Caesarean LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 2nd, 2010, 06:40 PM
KatieHeitman's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to KatieHeitman Send a message via Skype™ to KatieHeitman
I am 38 weeks and 4 days today. Had my check-up. I am now 5cm and 100% effaced!! The doctor said we could break my water on Friday if I want. So DH and I decided that's what we will do if baby hasn't come by then. I'm already halfway dialated. That's crazy! I think it's going to be a quick labor when it happens. Yay! I can't wait to meet my baby and to go home finally. Oh yeah, and I haven't even felt any contractions yet.
August 3rd, 2010, 08:07 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to WendyBird Send a message via Yahoo to WendyBird
Crazy! Exciting!

Why did you decide to have him break your waters? I know you're excited to have the baby and go home, but it seems a bit risky.

But, either way. Yay!!!! Baby is coming soon!!!!!!!!

My Ovulation Chart
August 3rd, 2010, 08:19 AM
KatieHeitman's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to KatieHeitman Send a message via Skype™ to KatieHeitman
The doctor said there's no extra risk breaking my waters when I'm already this far along dialated and effaced and am full term. They don't want me going past my due date because they don't want the baby to get too big, so they would break my waters on my due date anyways. I know it's weird to say, but it's a convienient weekend for this to happen. DH's Mom doesn't work this weekend so she can watch Alex for us.
August 3rd, 2010, 09:52 AM
Micksbabe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well I hope it all goes smoothly for you!! i can't believe you are walking around 5cm dialated that is crazy Good Luck !!!

Thank you Bokkechick for my gorgeous siggie

August 3rd, 2010, 10:06 AM
The Purple Butterfly's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't think that's a good idea. Once they break your water, you're on the clock. If you don't deliver by 24hrs, they won't hesitate to tell you that you have to have another c/s. My water broke with both boys, but with Oliver... 20hrs after it broke, I was only 1cm and the contrax were so sporadic! I was walking around, using the birth ball... so I was doing what I could to get into active labor. It doesn't mean you'll go into labor. It also opens the possibility for infection. I had only a total of 4 checks in the 34hrs from PROM to delivery. You won't even be 40w by Friday, so why rush it? The big baby thing just makes me laugh. Since you're already 5cm, you'll obviously go into labor on your own at some point. I highly recommend to take a pass on that one.

August 3rd, 2010, 02:04 PM
flitabout's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I wouldn't let them break your water, like it was already stated that puts you on the clock, and if you are already 5cm, you'll likely be going in to actual labor soon, so why rush it. Your body is obviously working and the only thing that your baby is gaining right now is fat and fat squishes, let baby cook till it's ready!

August 3rd, 2010, 02:39 PM
NutMeg76's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think in terms of pain, you got to 5 with little pain. Rupturing membranes often causes a fast a furisous labor, those are good, but painful. What if you just let things go and you dilate to 7 without many more contractions? You could possibly have the easiest labor known to human kind if you wait for it to happen naturally.

When they persisted in questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "Let the person among you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her." John 8:7
Sail Back to Me
August 3rd, 2010, 06:08 PM
The Purple Butterfly's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by NutMeg76 View Post
I think in terms of pain, you got to 5 with little pain. Rupturing membranes often causes a fast a furisous labor, those are good, but painful. What if you just let things go and you dilate to 7 without many more contractions? You could possibly have the easiest labor known to human kind if you wait for it to happen naturally.
TOTALLY!!! My water broke on it's own with both boys and I can tell you that the contrax are much more painful then when the water isn't intact. There's no cushion.

August 9th, 2010, 03:30 PM
HeatherLyn429's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to HeatherLyn429
I was like that with my 3rd son and walked around very dilated for 2 weeks before my due date. When I finally went into "active" labor and actually felt the contractions, I was 7cm dilated. Easiest labor ever. My water didn't break till it was time to push.
and introducing my new baby princess Penelope Kate born 3/18/14 5:35am 9lbs 5oz 22"

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search