Curious about multiple VBACs

Forum: VBAC: Vaginal Birth After a Caesarean

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To VBAC: Vaginal Birth After a Caesarean LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 2nd, 2010, 07:35 PM
dream2bemommy22's Avatar and baby makes 5
Are they still considered VBACs after your first one? or are they just then considered vaginal births?

Are you still at a higher risk for your next pregnancy?

Do doctors feel the need to still put "time frames" on your pregnancy like they do with your first vbac. ( i know not all of them do in the first place, but just in general)

Just curious. Im not planning on having anymore babies anytime soon, but sometime in a few years i would like to add to my family. I just want to know what kind of things i can expect.
August 2nd, 2010, 09:12 PM
Sk8ermaiden's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
After you have had a VBAC, your risk of rupture drops to pretty much the same as any mom who has not had a c/s, so it is much easier to find a provider, and they are usually less scared of you. They are still considered VBACs though. *sigh*

In my experience, doctors put limits on all pregnancies, even first timers, so I don't know how to answer that one. I would think a good doc wouldn't be worried.

August 2nd, 2010, 10:26 PM
NutMeg76's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
In the mind of a doctor a VBAC is a VBAC. I had to fight more for VBAC #3 than I did for hte first one because of the birth climate of the state I was living in at the time.

Research shows that your rupture rate decreases with each VBAC, and that your success rate increases.

When they persisted in questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "Let the person among you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her." John 8:7
Sail Back to Me
August 3rd, 2010, 07:09 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to WendyBird Send a message via Yahoo to WendyBird
Yup, ditto to Meg. No matter how many VBAC's you've had, the docs still consider it a VBAC, and it all depends on their policy. Although, I imagine it might be a *little* easier to get a doc to agree if you've been successful before.
Kyron, Porter, Donovan, Jocelyn, & expecting #5

August 3rd, 2010, 08:52 AM
The Purple Butterfly's Avatar Stacey
Quote:
Originally Posted by NutMeg76 View Post
In the mind of a doctor a VBAC is a VBAC. I had to fight more for VBAC #3 than I did for hte first one because of the birth climate of the state I was living in at the time.

Research shows that your rupture rate decreases with each VBAC, and that your success rate increases.
Ditto! You are still VBAC even if it's your 1st or 4th one. You still had a previous c/s even though you've had a VBAC already. However, your chances for UR are now cut dramatically.

Stacey, wife to Allan & Mom to:
Anastasia (13)- C/S 8lbs 7oz, 20.5"
Noah (11)- C/S 8lbs 12oz, 19"
Oliver (5)- VBA2C 7lbs 3oz, 19.5"
Grayson (10/16/13) 2VBA2C 9lbs 12oz, 22" born sleeping
at 39w pg due to thrombophelia; Protein C def, Factor V Leiden , & MTHFR
Lavender Kate (5/20/14)lost at 16w- 3VBA2C 2.5oz, 6"
~WTTC until fall of 2014~
August 5th, 2010, 06:16 PM
Baby 3.0's Avatar Surprised by #3!!
Great questions & great answers!! I'm going for my 2nd Vbac and have a doc for now who doesn't do vbac's....looking for a new one
August 8th, 2010, 11:52 AM
lhug_nar's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to lhug_nar Send a message via MSN to lhug_nar Send a message via Yahoo to lhug_nar
I was told by my VBAC doc that I'd still be considered a VBAC but that he wouldn't monitor me as closely as he did with Merrick. I was also told that there wouldn't be such a "push" from other docs to get baby here by due date since I've proven twice now that I go 5-7 days past my EDD with my babies.
August 9th, 2010, 11:14 AM
~*Kixs*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am going to having (I hope) my 2nd VBAC in October and just talked with my OB about this a couple weeks ago.

He told me that once I have had a sucessful VBAC that every birth I had after that would be a VBAC unless something came up and a c/s was needed.

Not sure if every doctor is like this but mine is pretty old school so I was excited to hear it

August 9th, 2010, 02:23 PM
HeatherLyn429's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to HeatherLyn429
Yes, it is always considered a VBAC. I am on baby number 6, and VBAC #5 and still getting resistance from my midwife on having a water birth because I VBAC. Even though I have had 4 perfectly successful VBAC's thus far.
and introducing my new baby princess Penelope Kate born 3/18/14 5:35am 9lbs 5oz 22"

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search