Have you heard this???

Forum: VBAC: Vaginal Birth After a Caesarean

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To VBAC: Vaginal Birth After a Caesarean LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 10th, 2010, 12:43 PM
Mama To 3 Amazing Boys
So I saw my doctor a while ago....July 27th and I asked him why he didn't want me to have a VBA2C....and I wanted a VALID reason and he couldn't really give me one. So I said, "Since you can't give me a straight answer to why you don't want me to have a vaginal birth....is there a reason why I can't at least try for one?" And he said there wasn't any reason I couldn't try, so he said the option was back on the table.

BUT he said that if the baby doesn't drop under the site of the incision and the pressure of the baby's head during labor can cause uterine rupture. I have NOT read this in all of my VBAC research, but I know a lot of other ladies here have more knowledge than I do, so I'm asking if any of you ladies have heard that the pressure of the head can cause rupture?? I would think that the scar tissue is stronger than that!!!
Baby #4 - Went to Heaven on 1.20.14
Proud Christian, Jesus Loving,Extended Breastfeeding, Co-sleeping, Babywearing, Cloth Diapering, Non-Vaxing, Homeschooling Mama!
I choose to Homeschool so I can give my children a Godly foundation, So they know His word and His truths!
August 10th, 2010, 01:18 PM
lhug_nar's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to lhug_nar Send a message via MSN to lhug_nar Send a message via Yahoo to lhug_nar
I've never heard that before... Maybe this is a way of him trying to scare you into having a section instead of going for a VBAC?
August 10th, 2010, 09:21 PM
Jaci's Avatar I AM a Doula :)
There is a condition that can cause the baby's head to push more to the front of the uterus (over the pubic bone) rather than down into the pelvis. I think someone here even discussed it?

I'm not sure what it is but I would like to hear others' thoughts on this!

Thanks to *Kiliki* for my siggie!

Our Family Blog
August 10th, 2010, 10:30 PM
The Purple Butterfly's Avatar Stacey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiff F. View Post
I've never heard that before... Maybe this is a way of him trying to scare you into having a section instead of going for a VBAC?
Ditto. If it's the condition Jaci is referring to, then all women who have that are at risk for UR.... not just VBAC mamas. He can't assume anything until something actually happens. You really should think about finding a new OB... he def sounds like the type that will pull all kind of crap when you're in labor.
Oliver (5) VBA2C, 7lbs 3oz, 19.5"
Grayson (10/16/13)2VBA2C, 9lbs 12oz, 22"
born sleeping at 39w pg; Protein C def, FVL, PAI-1 , & MTHFR
Lavender Kate (5/20/14) 2.5oz, 6" Lost at 16w

EDD May 12th with identical twin GIRLS!!

August 11th, 2010, 10:28 AM
~*Kixs*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
During my VBAC with my son he was called a "floating" baby. I was induced at 38w and he was head down but not yet engaged. Highly doubt he was below my c/s scar!!!

DS had a hardtime getting passed my pubic bone b/c his head did not cone since he was not engaged so the OB did a vacuum assisted birth.

Point of the story...My uterus held up like a champ!

Now everyone is different...blah...blah...blah...but ask your doctor for more info on this condition he told you about and really educate yourself on both sides.

YAY for the option on a VBA2C being on the table

August 11th, 2010, 05:22 PM
flitabout's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sounds like the lead up to a bait and switch in the delivery room.

August 11th, 2010, 09:28 PM
Mama To 3 Amazing Boys
That's what I was afraid of!!! I had a feeling this was a "let's wait and see" and then a "well, this is what's happening and it's just not going to work" type of situation! I told him FLAT OUT that I didn't want an epidural, that I wanted a 100% natural birth this go-round and he said that he will push the epidural because he "hate to see any woman in pain! Especially in labor!" <-----Um, hey Buddy, I've been there twice! I'm certainly NO stranger to labor pain!

I'll be on the phone tomorrow with the hospital I wanted to deliver at in the first place and see what I can get with them! Thanks for your opinions ladies!! I just wanted to make sure I wasn't reading something more into this than what really was there to begin with!
Baby #4 - Went to Heaven on 1.20.14
Proud Christian, Jesus Loving,Extended Breastfeeding, Co-sleeping, Babywearing, Cloth Diapering, Non-Vaxing, Homeschooling Mama!
I choose to Homeschool so I can give my children a Godly foundation, So they know His word and His truths!
August 11th, 2010, 10:36 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to WendyBird Send a message via Yahoo to WendyBird
Ditto to the other ladies. I can't imagine what he's really talking about, except to pull a fast one on you in labor. At least he admitted that there is no valid reason to not VBA2C. That's a step (although small) in the right direction.

Do you have other doctor options?

My Ovulation Chart

August 12th, 2010, 01:08 AM
NutMeg76's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
You are the prime example of hy this discussions need to happen with the OB early in the pregnancy! That way you know where they stand and you can run for the hills if you need to!

When they persisted in questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "Let the person among you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her." John 8:7
Sail Back to Me
August 18th, 2010, 07:27 PM
WhoaMomma!'s Avatar Danielle
He would rather trample your wishes and disrespect your independent ability to make decisions than see you in pain? Time to say "take a hike buddy!"

My daughter is perfect, but her birth was not. If you or someone you love is struggling to cope with a traumatic childbirth experience, please visit http://www.solaceformothers.org/

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search