Hey girls, I have a question for you....

Forum: VBAC: Vaginal Birth After a Caesarean

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To VBAC: Vaginal Birth After a Caesarean LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 10th, 2010, 06:26 PM
Kayla0308's Avatar Veteran
I've been on this board once maybe twice. I'm pregnant with my second child. Eamon was a c-section due to him being distressed. I'm planning on a vbac with this one. I'm starting to stress now that she isn gonna end up making me have a c-section. I'm having TONS of pressure down in my vagina and pelvic area. So now i'm worried that the dr is gonna tell me no because they dont want the scar tissue to tear/rupture because the pressure. Its so intence. I NEVER had this kind of thing with my son. It hurts to walk sometimes. Plus i've been having really bad cramps the last few days, I know shes still way early, but is it bad i'm hoping she comes like soon so that she's small enough to fit??? Just want some imput if you can on what you think about all the pressure and pain i'm having down there lol.

Oooooh, and do you know if they can give pitocin to help with labor if you want a vbac or is that considered inducing?

Mark and Kayla
Jasmine-7, Eamon-4, Zaylee-1
August 10th, 2010, 07:42 PM
lhug_nar's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to lhug_nar Send a message via MSN to lhug_nar Send a message via Yahoo to lhug_nar
I'd think it's her moving into position. I know I felt pretty intense pressure and some pinching pains in my cervix the last 6 weeks. Try to relax and sway side to side when you feel the pain... Remember to breathe too.

They did give me pitocin but were VERY VERY careful!
August 10th, 2010, 07:47 PM
Jaci's Avatar I AM a Doula :)
You know, I don't have much time, but I'm going to jump in and say the intense pressure and pain in your pubic area is really common. It's called pubic symbiosis or something and happens when you have kids close together. It is not too late to switch a provider nor can any provider force you to have a c-section. I know others will jump in and give you great advice!

Thanks to *Kiliki* for my siggie!

Our Family Blog
August 11th, 2010, 09:24 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to WendyBird Send a message via Yahoo to WendyBird
It sound like it's probably normal pregnancy pains. If it was your scar, it wouldn't be vaginal/pubic pain.

Yes, if you get pitocin, it's considered induction or augmentation. Some doctors do use it still, but VERY carefully. It's something you'd just have to talk to your doctor about.

I understand the desire to have your baby arrive early to make sure that they wont be too big, but it's a fear you need to put aside. Unless you have a medical condition such as untreated gestational diabetes, you really wont grow a baby bigger than you can push out. And if you can't push the baby out, it's a positioning issue. Either with you or the baby.

You can do this! I know you're uncomfortable, but it's not going to last forever. It's just 2 more months.

August 12th, 2010, 06:50 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I thought the same.... that if it was your scar it wouldn't be in that area. I am only 25 weeks with #2 so I haven't reached that point yet, but I have heard things are a lot more painful after you have had one. If you are really concerned I would talk to the doctor. My doctors say no inducing "especially no Pitocin" if I want a vbac. Sorry you are in pain!
August 12th, 2010, 06:14 PM
Thanks for all your imput girls it helps alot. I was reading that they can use ocytocin (sp) is that true? I'm really hoping that all goes well i'm so excited to have her naturally, HOPEFULLY with no oain meds, but we will see how long thats gonna last. I'm ready to meet this little lady whos been making me so very uncomfortable the last 8 months lol.

Mark and Kayla
August 12th, 2010, 09:49 PM
lhug_nar's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to lhug_nar Send a message via MSN to lhug_nar Send a message via Yahoo to lhug_nar
oxcy is the same as pitocin...
August 13th, 2010, 03:57 PM
okay good to know, thank you.

Mark and Kayla

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search