My VBAC

Forum: VBAC: Vaginal Birth After a Caesarean

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To VBAC: Vaginal Birth After a Caesarean LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 12th, 2010, 10:52 AM
*~*SnowHibiscus*~*'s Avatar I ♥ my girls!
Hi. My friend WendyD wanted me to come by and tell you all about my VBAC.

Luckily, there isn't much to tell! It went perfectly.

I was 4 days overdue on the 10th and had given up on going into labor so I scheduled a repeat csection for today. Me and doc didn't want her to get too big and neither of us were comfortable with an induction. My 40+wk appt was at 2pm and at 5pm I started having regular contractions that eventually got to 5-6 minutes apart at around 8pm. We headed to the hospital around 9:30. After some monitoring, my doc let me continue to try for a VBAC since I was progressing on my own.

I got an epi around 2am the next morning (11th), I was about 5cm then. I stalled at 6cm for a couple of hours so they rolled me to my side. That worked and got me to 7cm so they rolled me over to the other side and that got me to 9. I started feeling a lot of pressure during contractions once they rolled me. It sucked but I figured that was a good sign. At 10am I was ready to push. My contractions were spaced about 4 mins apart so the whole pushing stage took longer than it should have. At least I wasn't pushing for a solid hour and a half though. He did have to cut me but he said it wasn't bad. I'm too afraid to look so I'll take his word for it. LOL

And then.....Hayden finally arrived at 11:25am!! She was 8lbs, 2oz and 20in. She looks a lot like her big sister but with dark hair, dark eyes and darker skin. Guess that extra baking gave her a little more color. LOL

Thanks for reading!

August 12th, 2010, 11:47 AM
Jara's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congratulations!!! Thanks for posting your birth story!

Wyatt(5) Lydia(2) Emerson(5) Kaeden(7)
August 12th, 2010, 12:11 PM
lhug_nar's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to lhug_nar Send a message via MSN to lhug_nar Send a message via Yahoo to lhug_nar
Congratulations! Thank you for coming and posting your birth story!
August 12th, 2010, 10:14 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to WendyBird Send a message via Yahoo to WendyBird
Congratulations Amanda! I think it's great that you had your VBAC. It so different from the cesarean, isn't it? I hope your recovery is going well, and that all the hoo-haw pains go away soon.

My Ovulation Chart

August 13th, 2010, 12:01 AM
NutMeg76's Avatar Platinum Supermommy

When they persisted in questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "Let the person among you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her." John 8:7
Sail Back to Me
August 13th, 2010, 04:56 PM
Mrs.Reesa's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search