We pride ourselves on having the friendliest
and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment
for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers.
If you have any problems registering please drop an email to email@example.com.
Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!
I posted a bit about my situation a little while ago, basically I was having a really hard time coming to a decision about what I wanted to do for this birth. In order to try for a VBAC I'd have to transfer to a hospital much farther away & leave behind the midwife & birth center that I was familiar and happy with. I'm 34 weeks now and over time have concluded that I was NOT comfortable with choosing a repeat c-section if I didn't truly need one. This pregnancy has been smooth, uneventful, baby is already in position (hopefully he stays!!!!) and my midwife was very encouraging. She transferred me over to my new midwife at my new hospital and I met with her yesterday.
This hospital & practice is much more "clinical" than the other place, and about 90 minutes away from home. But after meeting with my new midwife I'm really encouraged. She agrees that I'm an excellent candidate. Next week I'm meeting with the OB at the practice just to get the official "okay", but she doesn't foresee any problems with me. Looks like I'm going for it!!
It's funny because this choice is by far the LEAST convenient thing I could be doing, for basically everyone involved...my family isn't too thrilled with me being so far away (I really don't think it's that bad of a distance, but they're all small town folk ) and there are so many other factors that would make a repeat section easier. But I'm going with my gut on this one...I have a good feeling about this birth and there is absolutely no reason why I can't or shouldn't do this vaginally. I've come to terms with a lot of my old c-section grief, realizing that the likelihood of things going the same way they did last time are so slim, and that I am STILL built to have babies and my body is NOT defective. And hey, if something happens and I do end up with another section, at least I know what to expect this time and I'll be a little more prepared for it. I'm keeping it on the board as an option, whereas before I never even considered that I'd need one so I had no idea what to expect. I'm trying to keep my standards & expectations for this birth more realistic this time around, but I keep thinking about how healing it will be if and when I accomplish this. I'm really excited!
Sorry for the novel, just wanted to get it out & knew you guys would understand
Mama, I'm so glad you are in a good place with everything. Another thing about going for a VBAC but ending up with a c/s is YOU know you did everything you could Plus ultimately you will get to go into labor so you know your baby is ready to be born.
Jaci (jay-cee) : photographer : wife to Chris : sahm to Connor, 10/25/2007 via c-section & Graeme, 11/30/2009 via vacuum assisted VBAC