Anyone have a c/s due to positioning?

Forum: VBAC: Vaginal Birth After a Caesarean

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To VBAC: Vaginal Birth After a Caesarean LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 18th, 2010, 06:57 PM
WhoaMomma!'s Avatar Danielle
Hey ladies,

A full year after my c/s I finally got some conclusive answers on what went wrong during my induction that led to a cs. Long story short: bad positioning caused a snowball effect of problems. Just wondering if anyone here had a cs due to positioning of the baby and went on to have a VBAC? I would love to hear some success stories that might give me hope.

My daughter is perfect, but her birth was not. If you or someone you love is struggling to cope with a traumatic childbirth experience, please visit http://www.solaceformothers.org/
August 18th, 2010, 08:43 PM
NutMeg76's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I did! I had y son c-seciton for breech presentation after rupture of membranes.

Then baby number two was breech at 37.5 weeks and I had a sucesful eternal version. He was posterior and had his head tilted to the side. I had an epidural with him, which I am sure did not help matters at all. He was born vaginally with a forceps assitance to fix his head position, after 2.5 hours of pushing. He ended up weighing in at 9 lb 14 oz and had a 15.5 inch head.

Baby number three was also breech at fullterm. Her external version was performed at about 37.5 weeks also. She was born about a week later after jsut 4 hours of labor.

Baby number four I did things differently. I aw a Webster trained chiro starting at 23 weeks. I did lots of breech tilts and other techniques to promote good positioning. SHe turned on her own sometimein teh 36th week.

My long story told, because it can be done. Even with presistent malpositioned babies there is hope!

When they persisted in questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "Let the person among you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her." John 8:7
Sail Back to Me
August 19th, 2010, 06:52 AM
KatieHeitman's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to KatieHeitman Send a message via Skype™ to KatieHeitman
My first son was a C-Section after 24 hours of labor. They say it was a combination of things, the way he was positioned (could be positioned wrong from my water breaking too early at 36 1/2 weeks), and they also said my pelvis could be to small. He was born in March 2009. I just had my second son August 6th and I had a successful VBAC.
August 19th, 2010, 07:21 AM
flitabout's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My first was for malposition. I never managed a vbac but that was due to my lack of information until it was to late.

August 19th, 2010, 07:27 AM
~*Kixs*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My 1st was a c/s due to being breech. However she was breech form 20w on so my c/s was scheduled since I could not get her to turn.

My 2nd (DS) was a sucessful VBAC and I am going to be going for VBAC#2 in October with my 2nd DS

August 19th, 2010, 07:40 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to WendyBird Send a message via Yahoo to WendyBird
My first was breech. They tried a version but it didn't work, so they scheduled a cesarean. My third baby was a VBA2C. A cesarean for position is the easiest thing to overcome and have a successful VBAC the next time with. Good luck!

August 19th, 2010, 12:37 PM
Micksbabe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My csection was for malposition and I am going to be having my VBAC sometime at the end of March!! I will let you know how it goes

Thank you Bokkechick for my gorgeous siggie

August 20th, 2010, 05:50 PM
mothra's Avatar Martha
My c-section was for a variety of reasons, but what it really boiled down to was bad positioning. He was breech at 37 weeks and I had a successful version done, but in the end he was still posterior and got stuck in my pelvis kind of sideways. After 40+ hours of hospital labor and 4 hours of pushing, I begged for the c-section!

Planning a VBAC for this baby (due in about 5 weeks), so far everything is fine, he got into position early and has been staying put. *knocks on wood*

August 23rd, 2010, 05:56 PM
Jaci's Avatar I AM a Doula :)
How's this sound mama?

DS1 was a failed induction due to malposition and supposed "large baby". I believe he was posterior though I haven't confirmed it, and his head was tilted.

My DS2 was a successful vbac (granted with help of a vacuum) and he was also malpositioned pretty much the same way AND bigger.

Thanks to *Kiliki* for my siggie!

Our Family Blog

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search