Been There, Done That

Forum: VBAC: Vaginal Birth After a Caesarean

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To VBAC: Vaginal Birth After a Caesarean LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 27th, 2010, 06:46 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to WendyBird Send a message via Yahoo to WendyBird
What was your biggest surprise, after becoming a mother for the first time?
Are you excited to see how your children will react to the new baby?
Did you listen to music when you were in labor?
Did you lose your mucus plug?
Did you use a pacifier with your last baby?
Do you still have your pregnancy test?
How much did your first baby weigh when s/he was born?
How many diapers did you go through in a week's time?
How much weight did you gain during your last pregnancy?
What will the age gap be between your baby and your youngest child?
Is anyone experiencing feelings of guilt over introducing a new baby into the home?
What age has been the most difficult?
What week were you when you had your baby?
Do you belong to a mom's group?
Has motherhood changed you?
What do you miss about your pre-mommy days?

My Ovulation Chart

August 27th, 2010, 07:33 PM
lhug_nar's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to lhug_nar Send a message via MSN to lhug_nar Send a message via Yahoo to lhug_nar
What was your biggest surprise, after becoming a mother for the first time? How much work having a preemie was.

Are you excited to see how your children will react to the new baby? It was amazing to see Robbie with Bryce the first time and Robbie and Bryce with Merrick the first time.

Did you listen to music when you were in labor? A little bit.

Did you lose your mucus plug? Yup

Did you use a pacifier with your last baby? For a little while.

Do you still have your pregnancy test? Yup

How much did your first baby weigh when s/he was born? 1# 15.5 oz.

How many diapers did you go through in a week's time? Right now, about 5 diapers a day so... 35 diapers about.

How much weight did you gain during your last pregnancy? 15#

What will the age gap be between your baby and your youngest child? Between Bryce and Merrick is a little over 2 years

Is anyone experiencing feelings of guilt over introducing a new baby into the home? A little... When M was first here, I felt guilty about it because B had my attention so much that he had a hard time sharing.

What age has been the most difficult? 3

What week were you when you had your baby? 41

Do you belong to a mom's group? Nope

Has motherhood changed you? A lot!

What do you miss about your pre-mommy days? Sleep!
August 27th, 2010, 10:10 PM
Mama To 3 Amazing Boys
What was your biggest surprise, after becoming a mother for the first time?
The biggest surprise for me was that it came to me so easily. I thought I would be one of those meltdown at everything sort of new mom.
Are you excited to see how your children will react to the new baby? More nervous than excited...I'm a pessimist....I expect the worst!
Did you listen to music when you were in labor? No
Did you lose your mucus plug? With Edward, yes, with Preston, no.
Did you use a pacifier with your last baby? No, neither of my first two used them...they wouldn't take them actually.
Do you still have your pregnancy test? Yes, I still have 3 from each baby.
How much did your first baby weigh when s/he was born? 7lbs 8.4 oz
How many diapers did you go through in a week's time? Gosh, I don't know. At least a package of newborns with Edward, I used cloth with Preston.
How much weight did you gain during your last pregnancy? Preston was my last pregnancy, and I gained in the neighborhood of 25-30 lbs. This time (I'm almost 29 weeks) I've only gained 8 lbs.
What will the age gap be between your baby and your youngest child? 2 years and 6 months.
Is anyone experiencing feelings of guilt over introducing a new baby into the home? I don't think so...I'm not feeling guilty since I know the best gift I could give my children is the joy of a lifelong friend.
What age has been the most difficult? I don't really know, they all have challenges. I would say Edward's age (5) because I haven't experienced it yet, with Preston being my second, his 2 year old antics I'm pretty used to by now.
What week were you when you had your baby? With Edward, 39 weeks and 5 days. With Preston, 35 weeks even. (Although, he was measuring a good month ahead of his "due date" but they never changed my due date so I think they got the date wrong!!!)
Do you belong to a mom's group? Not really, I belong to a homeschooler's group.....
Has motherhood changed you? Yes!
What do you miss about your pre-mommy days? To be truly, completely 100% honest, I miss NOTHING about my pre-mommy life. I don't even remember or want to remember life before my children. They are my life.
Baby #4 - Went to Heaven on 1.20.14
Proud Christian, Jesus Loving,Extended Breastfeeding, Co-sleeping, Babywearing, Cloth Diapering, Non-Vaxing, Homeschooling Mama!
I choose to Homeschool so I can give my children a Godly foundation, So they know His word and His truths!
August 30th, 2010, 12:19 PM
Mega Super Mommy
What was your biggest surprise, after becoming a mother for the first time? [B]How time consuming babies/kids are! Seems silly now, but I imagined them entertaining themselves more. [B]
Are you excited to see how your children will react to the new baby? Excited and nervous. I will have to keep a constant eye on the baby because I know DD will want to mess with her a lot. Like give her hugs and toys, etc.
Did you listen to music when you were in labor? No. Labor was pretty fast. I wasn't feeling contractions until they started me on Pitocin so we sat and watched tv for a couple of hours. Then one the Pitocin started working I jumped to 10 cm within an hour and a half. I didn't have time to think about music.
Did you lose your mucus plug? Yes right at 37 weeks. My water didn't break until 40 weeks 5 days.
Did you use a pacifier with your last baby? No.
Do you still have your pregnancy test? No, dh thinks that's disgusting.
How much did your first baby weigh when s/he was born? 6lbs 3 oz.
How many diapers did you go through in a week's time? I don't really remember? About 10-12 diapers a day?
How much weight did you gain during your last pregnancy? About 50 pounds.
What will the age gap be between your baby and your youngest child? 19 months
Is anyone experiencing feelings of guilt over introducing a new baby into the home? I was extremely guilty when I first found out I was pregnant again so soon. I still feel slightly guilty, but mostly I think it will be really good for DD. She needs a "friend" (although it will be a while before they can play) and we tend to spoil her just a tiny bit and I think having a sibling to share the spotlight with will be healthy.
What age has been the most difficult? So far... 14 months was the hardest. She went through a stage of not wanting to eat and constantly doing things she knew she wasn't suppose to... testing the boundaries. It's slowly getting better.
What week were you when you had your baby? 40 weeks 5 days
Do you belong to a mom's group? No
Has motherhood changed you? Definitely. I feel like I'm alive for the first time in my life. I voice my opinions/concerns and stand up for myself more now. I try hard to be a good example of the woman I want my daughter to be and so in return I am turning into the woman I have always wanted to be.
What do you miss about your pre-mommy days? Sleeping in. Eating a quiet meal without any disruptions and constant "Take a bite! Eat! Don't throw that on the floor!". Time with dh. Being able to jump in the car and go without taking 30 minutes to get everything in order. Not having a c-section scar/pooch. Being able to set things anywhere without having to think about "is it out of reach". Those are all nice, but have kids is worth it so I gladly give it up!!
August 31st, 2010, 09:49 AM
flitabout's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What was your biggest surprise, after becoming a mother for the first time? How easy it was for me to fall in to being mommy, also how I didn't necessarily feel like a mommy
Are you excited to see how your children will react to the new baby? I'm not sure if I ever thought about it.
Did you listen to music when you were in labor? No
Did you lose your mucus plug? No
Did you use a pacifier with your last baby? Yes
Do you still have your pregnancy test? No my kids played with it and broke it.
How much did your first baby weigh when s/he was born? 7lbs 13ozs
How many diapers did you go through in a week's time? I can't really say, but around a pack of 2s a week. So 40?
How much weight did you gain during your last pregnancy? 60lbs
What will the age gap be between your baby and your youngest child? 33 months
Is anyone experiencing feelings of guilt over introducing a new baby into the home? I did because Autumn has been the most attach to me of all of my babies. Luckily she has handled it great so far.
What age has been the most difficult? One. Baby is mobile, but hasn't learned the rules and can't really communicate yet
What week were you when you had your baby? DS1 39 weeks, DD1 38 weeks 5 days, DD2 39 weeks 5 days, and DS2 40 weeks.
Do you belong to a mom's group? Just JM
Has motherhood changed you? Yes, but mostly in little ways from the lack of freedom.
What do you miss about your pre-mommy days? Sleeping in, going out, trips to the grocery store that don't take an hour to get 1 item you forgot on the 2 hour trip, that neither of which would have taken longer than 30 minutes without the kids!

August 31st, 2010, 09:49 AM
~*Kixs*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What was your biggest surprise, after becoming a mother for the first time? How little sleep you actually get! I felt like a zombie
Are you excited to see how your children will react to the new baby? very much!
Did you listen to music when you were in labor? Nope, but I watched movies with DD
Did you lose your mucus plug? No
Did you use a pacifier with your last baby? Yes
Do you still have your pregnancy test? Yes
How much did your first baby weigh when s/he was born? 6lbs 8oz
How many diapers did you go through in a week's time? a ton when they were newborns. Now with DS only about 40 a week.
How much weight did you gain during your last pregnancy? 18lbs
What will the age gap be between your baby and your youngest child? 3y 1m between DD and DS and there with be 27m between DS#1 & DS#2
Is anyone experiencing feelings of guilt over introducing a new baby into the home? YES! I feel so guilty for my DS#1. He was never my only child like DD got to be and now he is not going to be the baby anymore. My poor middle child.
What age has been the most difficult? 3yo
What week were you when you had your baby? 38w with both
Do you belong to a mom's group? Nope
Has motherhood changed you? Very much.
What do you miss about your pre-mommy days? Not having a belly pouch

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search