We pride ourselves on having the friendliest
and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment
for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers.
If you have any problems registering please drop an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!
Hi everyone I am just wondering if anyone has had a similar experience. I am 36 weeks and baby is transverse. I went to the doc today and he made it sound like my chances of a vaginal birth are pretty slim as he said it's pretty unlikely that baby will turn at this point, although he will give me until 39 weeks for her to turn. He said he will not do a version since I have had a previous csection bacause of the increased chance of uterine rupture. Has anyone been in this situation and
had luck with baby turning?
Go to spinningbabies.com. You have plenty of time to get baby turned.
Honestly, it sounds like your doc is trying to do the bait and switch on you... Baited you with VBAC and now that baby isn't in the exact position that he wants he's going to give you x amount of time to get baby there and then push c-section.
Also remember mama, you don't *have* to schedule a c-section. If you get into labor and baby is still not turned, then you can opt for it. By doing it that way you ensure that BABY is ready to be born, not allowing the doctor to decide.
Jaci (jay-cee) : photographer : wife to Chris : sahm to Connor, 10/25/2007 via c-section & Graeme, 11/30/2009 via vacuum assisted VBAC
I hope your baby get's into position and you can have your VBAC! I agree with trying to wait for you to go into labor on your own... then if you do and the position is still impossible for vaginal birth, then... you did all you could! Hugs!
Bri, wife to Kirk, & mother of Aidan Troy , Callen Rhys, and introducingJulia Pearl
I specifically asked my Perinatologiest (sp?) About doing a version if baby was breech, he said that wouldn't be a problem at all and wasn't worried at all about my C/S scar. He was more then willing to do one.
I will be 30 weeks tomorrow. This baby has been breech/transverse so far. I go to a place that schedules me with a different doctor at each appointment. I asked my doctor at the most recent appointment if a version was a possibility later and she said it just depends on the doctor I have when I'm 36-37 weeks. "Some are comfortable doing a version on a previous c-section and some aren't." I'm scared I'm going to be in your exact position. If I do an elective c-section they want baby out at 39 weeks so I'm afraid if I get a doctor who says no version they will press for a 39 week c-section.
Was your c-section due to breech last time? I hope your baby flips for you and you get your vbac! Let us know how it goes!
My baby is transverse at this point too, and my c/s was for breech positioning. All the docs/midwives at the practice I go to are open to versions for VBAC moms, unless there is a special risk to mom or baby, they will try to turn baby. I've also heard of people going to a Webster trained chiropractor for re-positioning. I am (gently) rubbing baby & telling her mommy REALLY needs her to do a head stand & stay there at 36+ weeks!
Raising my kids with boundaries - NOT battle lines.
Children are not little adults, but they ARE people too!
There's a reason they are called dependents...
AP is not alternative to those who see no other choice
I will just ditto all the other info so far. They've all given you great advice! Go to a chiropractor that has been trained in the Webster technique, go to spinningbabies.com and do some of those exercises. And wait for labor if at all possible.
Wendy, Mom to
Kyron, Porter, Donovan, & Jocelyn
DId the doc agree to try the ECV? I sure hope so because it really is NOT contraindicated, if he is saying it is he is not being truthful. He could refer you to a perinatologist for the procedure if he is not comfortable with it himself. I have had two ECVs after my primary c-section. One the baby was probably already 9 lbs at the time of the procedure since he was 9 lb 14 oz at birth.
When I went to my appointment last week she was head down! She is still high up so I am waiting for her to drop, but I have a chance at my vbac at least! I never got to ask my OB about the version again since she turned, so I am not sure how he would have handled it ultimately.
Ditto on Spinning Babies, as the success rate for turning a baby is very high. I don't buy the 39 weeks bit; babies can turn at any time, even during labor! No, turning is not as likely at this point, but its certainly not impossible.