Wow, I'm stupid!

Forum: VBAC: Vaginal Birth After a Caesarean

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To VBAC: Vaginal Birth After a Caesarean LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 24th, 2010, 07:08 PM
blessdmommy's Avatar Happy mama to 3!
Send a message via AIM to blessdmommy
So...I'm online doing my usual vb2c research...I come up VBAC: Vaginal Birth after Cesarean : American Pregnancy Association and am totally upset. My 2 c/s were for "Failure to Progress" and "Big Baby". I had no idea that the ACOG had stated (can't seem to find online) that cesarean for "big baby" doesn't become necessary until the baby is 11 lbs. My first son was 8 lbs 5 oz., 2nd was 9 lbs 6 oz.

OOOOhhhhh I SO wont be going back to my current OB. I'm not even going to go to him for my annual exam in Feb. HOW RUDE! I feel like he lied to me to get me into the OR (not necessarily w/ my 1st c/s because I had a midwife then who now that I think about it, seemed like she just wanted to go home!).

Mama to 3, expecting #4 in December!

October 24th, 2010, 10:54 PM
NutMeg76's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It sucks to find out stuff like that. The more you know the better choices you make though! That is why when I am in a DDC I say those things, people ALWAYS get upset, but you know if I can stop one primary c-section it is worth it!!

When they persisted in questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "Let the person among you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her." John 8:7
Sail Back to Me
October 25th, 2010, 06:29 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to WendyBird Send a message via Yahoo to WendyBird
Aww, you're not stupid! How in the world were you to know that your Doctor (whom we all assume are doing everything they can to make sure we're safe and healthy) would put you in harm for his own fears and convenience?

But, yeah...I wouldn't go back either!

My Ovulation Chart

October 25th, 2010, 09:27 AM
The Purple Butterfly's Avatar Stacey
UGH! I know how you feel. My 1st c/s was for "failure to progress" and from the time I walked into those doors to the time of my c/s, everything was avoidable. I had just about every intervention known and I look back now and wish I hadn't been so ignorant. The truth is, the drs are the ones who went through all that schooling so that they can properly inform us, but they don't. They don't tell us that facts. You can't beat yourself up for that.
Oliver (5) VBA2C, 7lbs 3oz, 19.5"
Grayson (10/16/13)2VBA2C, 9lbs 12oz, 22"
born sleeping at 39w pg; Protein C def, FVL, PAI-1 , & MTHFR
Lavender Kate (5/20/14) 2.5oz, 6" Lost at 16w

EDD May 12th with identical twin GIRLS!!

October 25th, 2010, 09:34 AM
OwensMommy25's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
You're not stupid at all. It's normal to trust what we're told from doctors and when you're in your last trimester, tired, crampy, big and you want it to be over.. it's hard to say no.
I had a c/s for similar reasons and feel regret over not speaking up as well.

Thanks to Pattyandthemoos For the wonderful siggy!

October 31st, 2010, 03:47 PM
blessdmommy's Avatar Happy mama to 3!
Send a message via AIM to blessdmommy
Thanks ladies.
My hope lies in the new ACOG guidelines. I am hoping that when we do get pg again (hoping that won't be while we live here, though) that I will have a great chance of having a vbac because of the new guidelines.

I am going to be making an appt with a female OB/GYN to talk about some issues (lack of libido ect) and ask her what she thinks of the new guidelines ect BEFORE I'm pregnant.

Mama to 3, expecting #4 in December!

November 8th, 2010, 07:25 PM
pattyandthemoos's Avatar Administrator
I am not sure where you are seeing the stats that say 11 pounds. I didn't see it on the link you provided but to me that seems like a really big baby to deliver vaginally. I do agree that failure to progress is overdiagnosed but I think sometimes it is not because the baby can't be delivered vaginally but because when it takes too long to get the baby out there can be issues to the baby and mother's health. Both of your babies were on the large side so honestly I don't think you have any reason to feel stupid and I really don't think your doctor was in the wrong per say. It's a judgement call and I try not to judge doctors on this. I think most have mom and baby's best interest at heart. That is just my opinion though.

I think you are wise to find a doc to support your decisions though and give you longer to labor. It sounds like you are doing a lot of good research to prepare and hopefully you will have a better experience being prepared and knowing what you know.

I also think it is smart for you to look around before you get pregnant. I did the same thing this time around because it is hard to find a vbac friendly doctor. Good luck. Please let us know when you find an OBGYN you like.

Missing my Mommy Weightloss & Fitness girls. You're the best!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search