My baby is confused....

Forum: VBAC: Vaginal Birth After a Caesarean

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To VBAC: Vaginal Birth After a Caesarean LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 20th, 2010, 10:50 AM
ImustBeNuts06's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've posted here a few times and now I come to all again for some ideas and support.

I was all set to go with a VBAC....signed my consents months ago. At my last appointment on Monday (35 weeks), baby had dropped and was heads down (locked and loaded) in my pelvic bone. My midwife actually held her head in her hand to show me where she was. Plus, the NST I had the Friday before showed she was heads down. Well, this past friday (just a few days after my appointment), the ultrasound at the NST showed she is frank breech now. She flipped and turned at 35 1/2 weeks!!! I was able to hold back tears until I got into my car, but I have been a mess since hearing this. All last night and today, I've been doing pelvic tilts and some other exercises to get her to flip again. I've been using a little flashlight to try to turn her as well. My fluid was around a 9 (it's slowly getting lower, which is normal), and I worry that the further along I get, the less fluid she will have to help her flip. So, I'm also trying to really hydrate myself. I will consider a external version, but would like to avoid it if possible. From what I'm gathering from a version....it would be done around 37/38 weeks, in the hospital and many doctors like to induce IF they are successful. I can't (and really don't want to) be induced. I don't see my OB until Wednesday. I do have another NST on Tuesday, but they normally only check my fluid once a week (so that ultrasound would probably be Friday). I would really like to get her to flip before my next appointment.

I would appreciate any advice. Thanks ladies!

November 20th, 2010, 11:18 AM
NutMeg76's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
First, if she flipped that late she can flip again.

Second, contact a Webster trained chiro ASAP and start seeing them.

Third visit this site and do these techniques: Turning A Breech Baby: Here are 17 Ways to turn a breech baby!

Fourth a version is a good option, I have had two of them successful and was not induced immediately after. With both I went into labor naturally about 1.5 to 2 weeks after and had a successful VBAC each time.

My 4th baby I saw a Webster trained chiro, and did those things on that website and she turned on her own at 36 weeks or so.

Fifth, start looking for a breech provider. Vaginal breech birth should bean option available to all women. Even the Canadian version of the ACOG has approved it, we are hoping that soon the ACOG will get their heads out of their butts and do the same. If we happen to have another baby, and it is breech which is a very likely thing for me, I will be opting for a vaginal breech birth. That may mean I have to birth at home with a traveling midwife, which I am considering doing anyway.

When they persisted in questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "Let the person among you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her." John 8:7
Sail Back to Me
December 10th, 2010, 01:45 PM
acrimony's Avatar Member
Really? They can't flip again? I'm genuinely curious about this because I have a friend whose baby was breach and the day before she was full term that kid turned head down.

Maybe she was a rarity?

I really don't know since I didn't have that issue on my last pregnancy.

...oh, Hi! I'm new and hoping for an unmedicated VBAC.

December 10th, 2010, 06:14 PM
NutMeg76's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I didn't see anyone say she couldn't flip again, did I miss something?

When they persisted in questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "Let the person among you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her." John 8:7
Sail Back to Me
December 13th, 2010, 06:13 PM
OwensMommy25's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
spinningbabies.com

My first Turned from Breech to Head down at 37 weeks.. I used ice and different position found at spinning babies to encourage him! GL!!

Thanks to Pattyandthemoos For the wonderful siggy!

December 14th, 2010, 11:55 AM
The Purple Butterfly's Avatar Stacey
I agree with Meghan. I also used spinningbabies.com. Oliver was breech most my pg (I was trying for a VBA2C) and thankfully flipped after a successful version. He was born a week later. I did a lot of on my knees with my hands and elbows to the ground with pelvic rocks. It not only is great for stretching out, but it opens the space up and can encourage them to flip over. Try not to get so discouraged! You have plenty of time and the baby can very well flip a few times before he/she decides to make an appearance.
Oliver (5) VBA2C, 7lbs 3oz, 19.5" ~ Grayson (10/16/13) 2VBA2C, 9lbs 12oz, 22"
born sleeping at 39w pg; Protein C def, FVL, PAI-1 , & MTHFR
Lavender Kate (5/20/14) 2.5oz, 6" Lost at 16w

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search