Feeling better about my OB office.

Forum: VBAC: Vaginal Birth After a Caesarean

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To VBAC: Vaginal Birth After a Caesarean LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 29th, 2010, 01:32 PM
Gray_baby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I had an appointment this morning (and ultrasound - IT'S A GIRL!). I met with a different doctor today (it's a big group) and he again confirmed that I'm a great candidate for VBAC. He said to not worry about the baby weighing too much or anything because he's seen a number of women who had c-sections go on to deliver bigger babies vaginally later on. He didn't try to discourage me or anything from the VBAC. I love that he said that about the weight since I hear so many women saying they had to have a c-section due to their baby being "too big" and it's nice to hear an OB say it's nothing to worry about.

The other doctor I met with at the practice for my consult laid out all the risks etc. and kind of had me worried a bit afterward but I'm starting to think she was just making sure I was aware of all the risks (she even covered the risks of another c-section). The only thing she said at my consult that really worried me was that they like you to get an epidural "in case" but she did say it wasn't required and I'm undecided still. I'm planning to take a Bradley course and I finally found a local instructor this week!

I did ask if he thought my labor would go faster this time around since I dilated to 8cm with my DD and he encouraged me to make the drive to Tucson early and not wait too long. He said in all his years of practice (he's in his early 60s!) most VBAC moms do labor faster (not all but most he said) if they labored as long as I did. Since I live over an hour away from the hospital I guess I'll plan on having my DH drive me there and laboring in a hotel room or something for a bit before heading to the hospital.

Any BTDT moms labor faster with baby #2 (or later) after having a c-section the first time?

VBAC - Get the FACTS <--- Click Here
November 30th, 2010, 06:01 AM
KatieHeitman's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to KatieHeitman Send a message via Skype™ to KatieHeitman
I'm glad you feel better with your OB office now. I think a lot of doctors just want to make you aware of all the risks (and maybe scare you into not wanting a VBAC).

With DS1 I labored for 24 hours before getting a C-Section. With DS2 I was 5cm and 100% effaced (I was that way for a month beforehand) when I went in to have him. I got induced; but by that I mean they broke my water; I didn't need medicine to get the contractions started, they started on their own after breaking my water. But anyways...from the time they broke my water at 2:20pm to the time I had DS2 at 5:18pm, it was just under 3 hours! I did it without an epidural too.
November 30th, 2010, 06:43 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to WendyBird Send a message via Yahoo to WendyBird
I'm so glad to hear that the doc you saw was so supportive. Yay!!

My vbac baby was my only labor, so I can't help you there.

Sounds like a great appointment, and congratulations on the girl!!
Kyron, Porter, Donovan, Jocelyn, & expecting #5

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search