my story....hoping to VBAC!

Forum: VBAC: Vaginal Birth After a Caesarean

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To VBAC: Vaginal Birth After a Caesarean LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 29th, 2010, 05:31 PM
Mega Super Mommy
So my first little girl was born vaginally 8lbs 8oz. My second daughter I elected to induce at 39 weeks (which I now SO regret!), needless to say she wasn't ready and I ended up having a c section for failure to progress.
I had multiple complications with the c-sec, including internalbleeding, blood transfusions, wound opening up, infection, second surgery, etc etc. I spent 2 weeks in the hospital. It was so horrific, it's painful to talk about.
Luckily there was NO damage to my uterus so I am a good canidate for a VBAC. I really want an unmedicated VBAC!

Met with my new OB today (my old one wont do VBAC's) and he is on board with my plan BUT he says that I have to go into labor on my own, no induction and If I don't go into labor by 41 weeks I must have a repeat c section. that thought makes me well up with tears....I feel so cheated and terrified from my last delivery...

Thank you to Jaidynsmum for my beautiful Siggy!

November 30th, 2010, 06:53 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to WendyBird Send a message via Yahoo to WendyBird
Hello, and welcome to the VBAC board. I'm so sorry that you had such a terrible c/s experience. I don't blame you at all for not wanting to talk about it.

My doctor said the same thing about having to go into labor on my own. However, you do still have options. For example, they can still break your water, and you can ask if they'll do the foley catheter. Those are both non-drug ways of inducing that wont risk your scar in any way. Plus, there are a lot of natural things you can do. And never forget...they can't force you to have surgery. You WILL go into labor when your baby is ready.

That being said...when did you go into labor with your first?

Good luck, and congratulations on your pregnancy.

November 30th, 2010, 09:28 AM
Gray_baby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Welcome! My OB actually told me the same thing - they won't induce and if I don't have my baby by 41 weeks they will schedule a c-section. I'm not at all interested in another c-section because I also had a bad experience and I hated the recovery. My plan is to put them off as long as possible if necessary to avoid the c-section - it's not like they'll come to my house and pick me up, right? I do admit though that it makes me feel very stressed having that deadline hanging over me. I'm also going to do like Wendy said and try natural ways to move things along. Good luck and I hope you get your VBAC!!!!!

VBAC - Get the FACTS <--- Click Here
December 12th, 2010, 03:19 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm kind of dealing with the same situation right now. I am 38 weeks and showing almost now signs of labor and I'm afraid that if I don't deliver in time that I will have to have another section. I'm really afraid of waiting for labor to start and then not progressing and ending up with a c-section anyways.

I really want this baby to decide to come on her own before my due date, which is Christmas, but it's not looking like that's going to happen. My first daughter was 5 days over due.
December 12th, 2010, 10:05 PM
NutMeg76's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
You can do it!

For those of you with the 41 week deadline, I would play it this way and at the 41 week appointment schedule the surgery, for 42 weeks. You are not technically over due until 42 weeks 1 day.

For those worried about not showing signs of labor. I was showing no signs of labor with my daughter, at my 38 week appt. I was closed, high, baby was floating on Thursday, she was born after only 4 hours of labor on Sunday morning. So it really doesn't matter if you are dilated or not, effaced or not. When it is time the baby will come regardless of what your body is doing. The best thing to do IMHO is to NOT let them check you any more. Checking makes you disappointed, and it doesn't really give you any usable information. You can go from zero cm to baby in 4 hours, or you can walk around 5 cm for weeks.

When they persisted in questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "Let the person among you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her." John 8:7
Sail Back to Me
December 26th, 2010, 10:53 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by WendyD View Post
Hello, and welcome to the VBAC board. I'm so sorry that you had such a terrible c/s experience. I don't blame you at all for not wanting to talk about it.

My doctor said the same thing about having to go into labor on my own. However, you do still have options. For example, they can still break your water, and you can ask if they'll do the foley catheter. Those are both non-drug ways of inducing that wont risk your scar in any way. Plus, there are a lot of natural things you can do. And never forget...they can't force you to have surgery. You WILL go into labor when your baby is ready.

That being said...when did you go into labor with your first?

Good luck, and congratulations on your pregnancy.
With my first my doc started pushing induction at 41 weeks. I managed to stay her off until 41 weeks 3 days but I was then induced with a foley which worked well. My labor was 27 hours long but I was able to have a vag delivery. It worries me because I have never gone into labor on my own before! :-(

Quote:
Originally Posted by NutMeg76 View Post
You can do it!

For those of you with the 41 week deadline, I would play it this way and at the 41 week appointment schedule the surgery, for 42 weeks. You are not technically over due until 42 weeks 1 day.

For those worried about not showing signs of labor. I was showing no signs of labor with my daughter, at my 38 week appt. I was closed, high, baby was floating on Thursday, she was born after only 4 hours of labor on Sunday morning. So it really doesn't matter if you are dilated or not, effaced or not. When it is time the baby will come regardless of what your body is doing. The best thing to do IMHO is to NOT let them check you any more. Checking makes you disappointed, and it doesn't really give you any usable information. You can go from zero cm to baby in 4 hours, or you can walk around 5 cm for weeks.
you are right about the cervical exams, they really make no difference.... I was thinking about how I will avoid scheduling a c sec if I go to 41 weeks. I just cannot see myself going in for a repeat c sec if everthing is perfectly fine and the only reason being is 'my time is up"......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrienne214 View Post
I'm kind of dealing with the same situation right now. I am 38 weeks and showing almost now signs of labor and I'm afraid that if I don't deliver in time that I will have to have another section. I'm really afraid of waiting for labor to start and then not progressing and ending up with a c-section anyways.

I really want this baby to decide to come on her own before my due date, which is Christmas, but it's not looking like that's going to happen. My first daughter was 5 days over due.
I see you had your baby! CONGRATS! How did it go? were you able to VBAC?

Thank you to Jaidynsmum for my beautiful Siggy!

December 27th, 2010, 12:00 AM
NutMeg76's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
You schedule it, and then have a family situation you can't control, like no baby sitter and cancel it.

When they persisted in questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "Let the person among you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her." John 8:7
Sail Back to Me
December 28th, 2010, 11:31 AM
Gray_baby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by NutMeg76 View Post
You schedule it, and then have a family situation you can't control, like no baby sitter and cancel it.

That's my plan. My doc told me they schedule a c-section if I don't go into labor on my own before 41 weeks. I don't see how they can make me go to their scheduled c-section so I'll just stay at home!!! But hopefully it won't come to that.

VBAC - Get the FACTS <--- Click Here

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search