New here!!!

Forum: VBAC: Vaginal Birth After a Caesarean

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To VBAC: Vaginal Birth After a Caesarean LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 2nd, 2010, 12:26 PM
Super Mommy
Hello ladies!!! I've been a lurker here for awhile!!! A little about me,I was pregnant with my son @ 19,had him @ 20,I got induced with him 12 days prior to my due date,because of preeclampsia, i had a very hard labor and progressed dilating very,very,slowly,and the epidural did NOT work at all,finally after two days of labor it was time to push,i pushed for three hours and nothing,finally they said c-section,they took the epidural out and gave me a spinal tap for the c-section. After that everything was fine,this was 4 1/2 years ago!! here we are again pregnant with baby # 2 I'm 24 will be 25 when the babe is here and I'm not far along at all,but I would like to do a vaginally delivery if possible,and no drugs since they didn't work anyway. Can anyone tell me the risks,how safe is actually is,and to do a VBAC does it depend on the scarring of the uterus?? Sorry this was soo long and thank everyone in advance for the replies!!
December 3rd, 2010, 12:37 AM
deacons_mommy's Avatar Veteran
Hi there! My son is 4 1/2 and I'm pg with #2 as well

I think that's awesome you want to have a VBAC... I'm definitely hoping for one as well, and I'm going to do everything in power for it! After doing a lot of research, I fully believe that a VBAC is far safer for my baby and I than a repeat c-section. The chance of uterine rupture (which is what most docs claim is the danger of a VBAC) is less than 1%. Complications during c-section are much higher than that. As far as the scarring, I don't believe the scarring will affect your ability to VBAC at all (other ladies, correct me if I'm wrong - not 100% sure on this). From what I've read, it will affect a repeat c-section because they have more to cut through. But I have not heard that it causes any problems with VBAC's. I'm sure yours wouldn't be too bad anyway since you've only had 1 c-section. Also, I think you're smart for not wanting drugs - not a good idea for a VBAC and it will only complicate things & make it harder to achieve your VBAC. HTH and nice to meet you!

December 3rd, 2010, 07:43 AM
Super Mommy
Hey there!! Thats awesome that your son is 4 1/2 and your also expecting number 2,when is his birthday?? Nice to meet you as well,I think I forget to mention my name is the previous post but I'm Kasey !! I'm really really hoping for vbac as you can tell and I'm hoping I get a doctor that is for it also!!!!! I'm little framed and the reason I had to have a c-section at all,is because the baby wouldn't come down(medical term as they called it-failure to descend!!) not only that but I think since they had to induce me,and I couldn't go into labor on my own it made things harder!! So I guess we will just have to wait and see what happens!!!! Good Luck too you and H&H 9 months!!!
December 3rd, 2010, 10:04 PM
deacons_mommy's Avatar Veteran
How funny, my DH's name is Kasey! DS (Deacon) was born May 4th, 2006. How about you?

I know what you mean, I'm scared about being able to find a doctor that will be all for me VBACing (still in the process of looking). I know that for me, being induced definitely played a huge role in my c-section - I never went into labor on my own either. I wasn't even dialated or effaced at all when they induced me, so I know DS was not ready to come out yet! lol Good luck to both of us - I hope we both get our VBAC's!

December 4th, 2010, 07:33 AM
Super Mommy
that is TOO funny lol!! My son was born May 31,2006 his name is Kristian or a lot of people it like this Christian,he was born the day before my birthday,so I always say he was my birthday present!!

I know my hubby and I just moved to New Mexico,but I would really like to have the baby where I'm from,but I know the hospital's up there do not believe in VBAC !!! SOOOO GOOD LUCK TO BOTH OF US!!!!!!
December 5th, 2010, 09:27 PM
NutMeg76's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Why did they induce? That is a huge factor in needing a surgical birth.

Have you seen the video from ICAN called "Question CPD"? It is very inspirational.

When they persisted in questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "Let the person among you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her." John 8:7
Sail Back to Me
December 6th, 2010, 03:15 PM
Gray_baby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by NutMeg76 View Post
Why did they induce? That is a huge factor in needing a surgical birth.

Have you seen the video from ICAN called "Question CPD"? It is very inspirational.

I just watched that video (thanks for the suggestion!) - so inspiring!!!! It gives me great hope that my VBAC will be a success.

VBAC - Get the FACTS <--- Click Here

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search