VBAC Hopeful

Forum: VBAC: Vaginal Birth After a Caesarean

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To VBAC: Vaginal Birth After a Caesarean LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 22nd, 2010, 02:15 PM
Brannyt's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hey ladies! My name is Brandy, and I have an 8 month old DD. Just found out that I'm expecting again, and really want to have a VBAC next time around. DH will be deploying and will be home on R&R for the birth, but that's still a chunk of time that I'll be alone with 2 babies.

My c-section was a breeze, but I am disappointed that I missed out on the things I was looking forward to most with my DD: being able to hold my baby right away, watch her first bath, nurse right away, etc. Anyway, how many ladies are out there that have had successful VBAC's with LO's close in age? I'm a little concerned I might not find a doc supportive of this cause DH is military and we don't have a heck of a lot to choose from.

LOVE my siggy, thank you Meganpixel!!!!!!
December 22nd, 2010, 03:35 PM
Gray_baby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Welcome! I got pregnant when my DD was 8 months also. I was worried about finding a doctor too, especially since the local hospital has a VBAC ban and my DH is in the Army. Luckily for me even though I'm on Tricare Prime I was able to choose my doctor from the list of in-network providers since there's no hospital on post here (just a clinic). I have to deliver over 80 miles away due to the local VBAC ban but I think it's worth it. My OBs are supportive of my desire to have a VBAC and even told me I'm a great candidate. You'll be happy to know the military as a whole does not have a ban against VBACs - it's often left up to the command of each hospital or dependent on the doc. However, if you can't find one that is supportive you can always go with Tricare Standard and see a civilian provider that is supportive. Good luck!!!

VBAC - Get the FACTS <--- Click Here
December 24th, 2010, 06:29 PM
KatieHeitman's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to KatieHeitman Send a message via Skype™ to KatieHeitman
Hi. I also got pregnant when my DS1 was 8 months old. I had a successful VBAC with DS2. I was worried about finding a doctor too. It was a tough decision I made to go for a VBAC. DH wasn't on board until the end. We traveled 100 miles for my VBAC. It was well worth it. The doctor's at my local hospital (it's a small town) did not reccommend me attempting it since the births were so close together and they were saying I had to small of a pelvis. Boy did I prove them wrong and my labor was only 3 hours! I'm so glad that I went for it and succeeded. It was an amazing feeling delivering a baby naturally and holding him right away. I don't regret it at all.
December 26th, 2010, 12:24 AM
NutMeg76's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
ALso, depending on where you are you might be able to have US Family Health Care. Going standard is a great idea if you can't get what you need with the military providers. Depending on where you are living will depend on the availability of VBAC.

My first base was VERY supportive of VBAC, I had two there which both included an external version on my scarred uterus. Then we moved to NJ, where the birth climate stinks. Even though I had already had two successful VBACs I had to fight for my VBAC. This was with off base providers. From my understanding the local Army hospital here is supportive. So, if we decide to have another baby while we are here I might decide to go ahead with having another hospital birth. If they are not, I will pay a home birth midwife (most likely traveling) to come here.

So, a military hospital birth is not always the end of the world. If you don't have L&D at your local MTF, then you will go off base anyway. As a military dependent you will have more options.

When they persisted in questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "Let the person among you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her." John 8:7
Sail Back to Me
January 9th, 2011, 12:36 PM
palmetto_moon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi Brandy!!!
I had Sydney(VBAC) just 13 months after my C-section for the twins...it went totally smoothly with no problems whatsoever...then 12 months later I had a secnd VBAC with Bree and then 17 months later I had a third VBAC with Mia...never any issues at all. And I would choose VBAC every time. Good luck!

Thank you Kiliki for my awesome siggy!

visit our family blog at www.stalkedbythestork.com

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search