how many successful vbacs with induction?

Forum: VBAC: Vaginal Birth After a Caesarean

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To VBAC: Vaginal Birth After a Caesarean LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 5th, 2011, 12:50 AM
Mazzie's Avatar Super Mommy
I am just curious as I am wanting a vbac this time and my dr. Scheduled me for a induction. He doesn't want me going over 40 wks but has been VERY supportive of me wanting a vbac.he told me he has done tons of vbacs and is confident I will do great.. he is always reassuring me and routing for my vbac but I always thought inducing was bad after a c sec. I guess I would just like to hear from some woman that has been induced when going for a vbac and how it turned out for them.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

February 5th, 2011, 07:04 AM
KatieHeitman's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to KatieHeitman Send a message via Skype™ to KatieHeitman
I had my doctor break my water when I was 39 weeks (for personal reasons). It has a different name other than induction. But basically it's the same, to try to get labor going. I had a successful VBAC. Maybe you could ask your doctor to break your water to see if it works for you? I would want to try and stay away from any medicine's.
February 5th, 2011, 09:56 AM
Jara's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had a successful VBAC with an induction.. you can read my birth story up in the birth story section :-) It's Lydia Ann's story.

Wyatt(5) Lydia(2) Emerson(5) Kaeden(7)
February 5th, 2011, 02:01 PM
Mazzie's Avatar Super Mommy
Thx...I'm gonna go read it now :-) if anyone else has any stories id like to read those as well.

February 5th, 2011, 08:18 PM
NutMeg76's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
WHy won't he 'want' you go past 40 weeks? Does he have good evidence based reasoning?

When they persisted in questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "Let the person among you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her." John 8:7
Sail Back to Me
February 7th, 2011, 10:50 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by NutMeg76 View Post
WHy won't he 'want' you go past 40 weeks? Does he have good evidence based reasoning?
I agree, most docs will let you go to at least 41 weeks with a VBAC. I would really push for that, maybe even find a doc who will let you. Then hopefully you wont have to worry about being induced!

Thank you to Jaidynsmum for my beautiful Siggy!

March 3rd, 2011, 10:49 AM
dream2bemommy22's Avatar and baby makes 5
I had a successful VBAC induction. My story is up there as well, Charles Lucas 11/21/09

i was induced on my due date, i was already 2-3cm dilated and i want to say 50% effaced. I was induced with pitocin at 630am, broke my water around 830am, got my epi 2 hours later, and my son was born at 145pm after about 45 minutes of pushing.

It was an amazing experience. good luck

Last edited by dream2bemommy22; March 3rd, 2011 at 10:52 AM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search