New here with question

Forum: VBAC: Vaginal Birth After a Caesarean

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To VBAC: Vaginal Birth After a Caesarean LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 11th, 2011, 08:49 PM
TnPhotoMama81's Avatar Wife/Mommy/Photographer
Send a message via AIM to TnPhotoMama81 Send a message via Yahoo to TnPhotoMama81
Hi all,

I am dropping by with a question. I probably won't be "joining" the group here just yet because we have had a loss before and I feel like I am kind of jumping the gun since I am still so early in my pregnancy.

I had a c-section with our first at 41 weeks by their calculations (I think I may have been 40 weeks instead).

I was induced the night before with a foley bulb, ended up with pitocin, epidural, the whole 9 yards. Anyway, after 26 hours of labor, I was only at 7 cm...and he wasn't coming down enough to help my cervix dialate more. I am sure the meds and being confined to a bed didn't help.

Well, since my c-section in 2008, I have gained about 30 lbs. I am already pretty overweight as it is.

So I had the talk with my doctor a week ago at my first ultrasound. She was very concerned with my weight. She pretty much told me she would not allow a vbac unless I lost some weight. Also said that when you gain weight after a csection, fat can "grow" into the incision on your uterus. Then when it is time for your uterus to contract to get the baby out, it doesn't work as well as it should.

Has anyone ever heard of this? It sounds like it *could* be true...but also sounds like it borders on the ol' "too fat to vbac" line some people hear from their doctors.

Thanks for the help/info

My Photography Website Pinterest My Etsy Shop
February 12th, 2011, 04:23 PM
NutMeg76's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
HOnestly, what I think is you need to find a new doctor. Of course, I am not a fan of people that have a fat bias.

If you really like your doctor, getting good information form other sources is a good idea.

This is a good starting point for research of VBAC while overweight.
C/S and VBAC Index Page

When they persisted in questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "Let the person among you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her." John 8:7
Sail Back to Me
February 12th, 2011, 09:26 PM
TnPhotoMama81's Avatar Wife/Mommy/Photographer
Send a message via AIM to TnPhotoMama81 Send a message via Yahoo to TnPhotoMama81
Thanks for the link Meghan

I think it is funny in a way...she is overweight herself.

My Photography Website Pinterest My Etsy Shop
February 13th, 2011, 10:58 PM
NutMeg76's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sometimes folks that are over weight and feel like they are 'guilty' of being fat are harder on other fat people because they figure all fat people are lazy and have no willpower. You know the whole transference thing.

I used to be obese and worked harder than most people I knew, I also ate better. Sometimes being fat is just who you are at the time, so I don't judge people based on weight. My husband is a big guy, but he is really strong. I was over 210 pounds and could still run faster than people that were 10 years younger.

When they persisted in questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "Let the person among you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her." John 8:7
Sail Back to Me

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search