I'm destined for c/s #4.....right???

Forum: VBAC: Vaginal Birth After a Caesarean

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To VBAC: Vaginal Birth After a Caesarean LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 24th, 2011, 07:38 PM
queenofthecastle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Anyone have a vbaca3c/s??

A little back story. My first son was breech and my fluid was low, so my ob couldn't do a version. With my second, I was planning on having a vbac, then I was 8 days past my due date and couldn't take it any more so I had a c/s. I wish I would have waited longer but I was young and stupid. With #3, my ob wouldn't even let me try, so I had c/s #3. DH and I plan on TTC #4 soon and it will definitely be our last. I feel like I'm missing out on something. I've never felt the first contraction and experienced labor.

It's probably far fetched to think that I will be able to have anything but a c/s the next time around but I wanted to get opinions!!

Thanks, ladies!!!

=May '05 and '11

February 25th, 2011, 08:21 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to WendyBird Send a message via Yahoo to WendyBird
Not necessarily. While it's more than likely that you will, it all depends on how far you're willing to go. You have options, it's just a matter of finding which of those options you are comfortable with.

Good luck!

February 25th, 2011, 10:36 PM
NutMeg76's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Have you joined the ICAN yahoo group yet? If not you should. They have a lot of good information, and even women who had had a VBAmC!

When they persisted in questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "Let the person among you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her." John 8:7
Sail Back to Me
February 26th, 2011, 01:34 PM
Thank you , Meghan. I will definitely check them out!!

=May '05 and '11

February 26th, 2011, 10:57 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I just recently read an article on AOL about a woman who had had 3 previous c-sections and she decided not to show up for her 4th c section, instead she had a home birth! I am not recomending that by any means just saying, nothing is impossible!

Thank you to Jaidynsmum for my beautiful Siggy!

February 27th, 2011, 11:09 AM
It would be awesome if dr's were supportive of moms trying a VBAC if they chose to do so. I understand the liability involved and if something went wrong they would be liable but we have to sign wavers for everthing else.....why not in this case??

I'm not really comfortable with a home birth but I would love to have a midwife and have a hospital birth. I like to have the option of an epi....LOL

=May '05 and '11

March 3rd, 2011, 09:59 AM
mommyrebecca919's Avatar Regular
I dont think you would need to give in to a 4th c-section at all, you might have a hard time finding a doctor but I know a midwife would take you. Im paying out of pocket for mine, but to me its totally worth it. Here are some recent studies showing that VBAMC are really not much riskier at all than just a regular VBAC. I found this very helpful as I have had 2 c-sections.

ICAN of Somerset County, NJ: Safety of VBAC: results and interpretations of a recent study PART I
ICAN of Somerset County, NJ: Safety of VBAC: results and interpretations of a recent study PART II
EDD-April 20th, 2011

March 29th, 2011, 08:23 AM
flitabout's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
You can do it! start looking for the right care provider first. Ask yourself what kind of birth you want? Do you want something natural? Or are you OK with the interventions that they are going to throw at you?
Either way you do have a choice and don't stop looking until you get the one that you want and that meshes well with you.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search