BOO Indiana!!!! *updated*

Forum: VBAC: Vaginal Birth After a Caesarean

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To VBAC: Vaginal Birth After a Caesarean LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 8th, 2011, 10:31 AM
queenofthecastle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I thought I had hit the jackpot!!! I found a birth center just 20 minutes from me so I called and the woman that answered the phone told me that they don't do vbacs and neither do any of the the hospitals in Indiana. I asked about rather any other birth centers in Indiana allowed them and she said no. SERIOUSLY....I think I'm gunna cry!!!

UPDATE:
I did a bit more research. There is a hospital here that allows for VBAC's and the dr's office that I currently go to has doctors that are willing to try. I'm sure that it's a case by case basis but atleast I have a starting point. What I'm concerned about now is that they will all turn me down because of having 3 c/s, even though the risk of rupture isn't really any higher for more than 1. This might actually be a posibility for me!!!

=May '05 and '11

Last edited by queenofthecastle; March 8th, 2011 at 11:54 AM.
March 8th, 2011, 11:18 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Don't cry, just keep looking. The person you talked to may only be a receptionist with no clue. I bypassed all the nay-sayers by e-mailing doctors and midwives directly with that question.
March 12th, 2011, 06:48 PM
Keep trying. Dont give up. You will find someone willing to do the vba3c. Have you thought about having a home birth and using a midwife.
March 13th, 2011, 04:56 PM
Resi's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Lurking.. I live in the Indianapolis area and I know the hospitals here allow them and my doctor told me I can have one if I choose the next time around. I've only had one so I don't know if it makes a difference with 3. My guess is it does but I hope you can find someone to give you a chance.
March 13th, 2011, 06:32 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Keep your chin up and keep looking around, would it be a possibility to go out of state when the baby is due? maybe stay with friends or family the last few weeks of pregnancy? It does sound like you have a starting point so that is great! I live in WA state and most hospitals do VBACS here although not all doc's will. I can't believe there are still places in the US that don't allow VBACS with all the info we have about it and how low the risk is. It's so sad!!!! I hope you get your VBAC hun!!!

Thank you to Jaidynsmum for my beautiful Siggy!

March 18th, 2011, 12:59 PM
Christy72's Avatar Birth doula mommy of 4
Hmmm that is interesting because I am traveling to Indiana to get my vbac from a homebirth CNM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search