getting worried

Forum: VBAC: Vaginal Birth After a Caesarean

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To VBAC: Vaginal Birth After a Caesarean LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 18th, 2011, 07:18 AM
3Sapphires's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My Family is relocating to Martinsburg WV by the end of april (crossed fingers the mortgage goes through)

We finally got our health insurance debacle sorted out, although it is a plan that only has doctors in MD and VA, I have been looking at providers - specifically OB's/MW's. I am really worred. There are about a dozen midwives on the plan, but they are all involed with HUGE OB offices.

the closest in network hospital is Hagerstown, and the VBAC policy sucks - they make you deliver in the OR, and if you get there in labor while the OR is being used, they won't "allow" you to VBAC.

The next closest VBAC allowed hospital in network is south of Frederick - they allow VBAC's after multiple c/s. But I am still concerned that the practice isn't going to be VBAC friendly, just because it is so huge - with like 20 OB's and midwives together.

I know I have some time since I am not PG yet, and it could be a while - sadly. But I just don't know how feasable a homebirth will be.

We are like broke, and just don't have the money to shell out up front.And with my high BP, coupled with being a VBAC, and DS#1's heart defect and low fluid surrounding my pregnancies, I am not sure I would be a good candidate for a home birth. I need some advice.

I am terrified that I will have to be cut open again, I would rather not have any more kids than be forced to have another c/s, and I really want more kids!

HELP!

FF Chart**CrazyAmiCrochet**

Missing Our Angels gone too soon 6/5/10 & 2/19/14
Adam Michael 9/22/06 (c-section)~Nathan Joseph 9/4/08 (VBAC)~Lincoln Thomas 9/5/12 (VBAC)

March 18th, 2011, 01:01 PM
Christy72's Avatar Birth doula mommy of 4
Try to find a vbac friendly provider and do your research. And just rembmer they can't make you do anything. The whole vbac ban thing is totally illegal and they cannot section you without your consent. Hugs!

March 29th, 2011, 08:18 AM
flitabout's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
There are actually a tun of H/B M/Ws in VA. Start looking now and build a relationship now. You might be able to find one that is not only VBAC friendly, but that works on a sliding scale and willing to barter for services.
One I found and she is the most experienced HB M/W with Vbacs and vbacs after multiple c/s in the state I had down to $500 plus her gas to and from the delivery and home visit.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search