We pride ourselves on having the friendliest
and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment
for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers.
If you have any problems registering please drop an email to email@example.com.
Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!
Hi, I'm Elizabeth, mommy to Judge, 16 months. I had an emergency c section with him, for failure to progress/fetal distress. The day after my due date I had a failed induction with cervidil, I was sent home around 5pm then went into labor at home around midnight. I never progressed past 6cm, but I truly feel if I had waited a little longer to go to the hospital I could have avoided a lot of interventions....aka, their 'policy'....and may have had a regular delivery. Anyway, I recently found out I'm pregnant again, and I'm really wanting a VBAC. I've also just switched to a VBAC friendly dr/hospital, and this dr encourages them and has a good success rate, so my hopes are up right now!
Elizabeth, mommy to Judge and Zavier, and crossing fingers for an Ellen Paige this December!
Hey Elizabeth! I'm so excited you found a VBAC friendly doc and hospital - they are so important. I've been very happy with my OB group - one doc told me not to worry if this baby is measuring larger than Megan because he's seen MANY VBACs have bigger babies, and then one midwife said "we want you to avoid another c-section too, that's our goal" I wanted to hug her! My plan is to avoid going to the hospital too early too - of course since my drive is so far (80+ miles) we'll leave here earlier than I otherwise would want to and labor in a hotel room or walk the hospital if I feel up to it (it's pretty big with nice courtyards so it will be a nice big place to walk).