VBAC experiences

Forum: VBAC: Vaginal Birth After a Caesarean

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To VBAC: Vaginal Birth After a Caesarean LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 24th, 2011, 04:04 PM
bkro9's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi ladies! Before I delve into my story here, I wondered if any of you had any close siblings and completed a vbac? I'm petrified to ask my midwives if I'm going to be allowed to try because current son will be 18 months old when this next baby is born!

Thanks for your help, hope and pray to join you!

March 24th, 2011, 09:01 PM
~*3 little bears*~'s Avatar Jack~Mack~Brooke~Baby
Send a message via AIM to ~*3 little bears*~
My son and daughter are 17 months apart and my OB was completely 100% ok with me trying for a vbac. Unfortunately it did not end up being a vbac because she was breech discovered after 15 hours of labor. This baby and DD will be 24 months apart so 3 deliveries in 3.5 years and my midwife was not concerned about that at all and this will be a hba2c. Best of luck!

March 25th, 2011, 10:21 PM
Gray_baby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'll deliver when my DD is 17 months and my OB was not concerned at all. She said they usually prefer 18 months between deliveries but she still thought I had an excellent chance of getting my VBAC.

Good luck!

VBAC - Get the FACTS <--- Click Here
March 25th, 2011, 10:44 PM
Mega Super Mommy
12 months between deliveries is generally considered the minimum in midwifery circles, with 18 months being the bare minimum with many of the larger OB run midwife clinics. Many OBs require 24 months between deliveries. That being said, your body formes the scar enitely in the first 6-12 weeks then spends the next 3-6 months just toughening that tissue. It's theoretically not feasible to deliver two children so close together that your body didn't take care of what it needed to. you would have to get pregnant within hours of delivery and deliver the second child months early. I say don't be afraid to ask, and if you don't get the answer you want go ask someone else until you do.
March 29th, 2011, 08:27 AM
flitabout's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Fight for it! It has been long enough that your scar should be good.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search