Doulas and VBAC

Forum: VBAC: Vaginal Birth After a Caesarean

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To VBAC: Vaginal Birth After a Caesarean LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 26th, 2011, 08:42 AM
*Candi*'s Avatar Candi
Has anyone used a doula with a vbac? Or used one at all for that matter?

I want to get one for the next baby and my possible VBAC attempt and am just curious about what others have experienced with them.

Thank you GraysMama for an awesome siggy!

April 26th, 2011, 05:10 PM
WhoaMomma!'s Avatar Danielle

My daughter is perfect, but her birth was not. If you or someone you love is struggling to cope with a traumatic childbirth experience, please visit http://www.solaceformothers.org/
April 26th, 2011, 05:38 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Personally I wish I had insisted on a doula. I think the personal attention is paramount, not to mention it takes the pressure of being your advocate of your DH and just lets him be the new dad to be while you're in labor.
April 26th, 2011, 05:48 PM
Kristin!!! I missed ya! Hows Gabe?!

My daughter is perfect, but her birth was not. If you or someone you love is struggling to cope with a traumatic childbirth experience, please visit http://www.solaceformothers.org/
April 28th, 2011, 06:38 AM
*Candi*'s Avatar Candi
I think thats a good point Kristin! Danielle and I both talked about that before. Ok, I think I'm going to start looking into Doulas And ya, how's Gabe???

April 28th, 2011, 10:41 AM
Mega Super Mommy
He still has reflux but we finally found the right combo/shechedule of drugs to manage it. He's up to 24 lbs too so I'm super excited about that. Poor kid is still sick all the time though, so far this year he's had mono, pink eye, more colds than I can count and a nasty stomach bug that took almost 2 lbs off him for a bit. I did finally get a referral to an ENT for him to look at taking out his adnoids and tonsils in hopes of him not being sick all the time. I finished my MA associates last fall and love my job. Hopefully I'll be starting school again in the fall to continue towards my RN, with my end goal still being a midwife. How about you 3?
April 28th, 2011, 11:01 AM
24 lbs?! Holy goodness, he's bigger than Claire!

I'm good! Billy got a job (finally!) and my PPD has finally cleared up completely. I feel great and happy and love my family, and we are looking to expand it!

April 28th, 2011, 11:45 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Yeah for a job and adding kids!!!!! Did you end up having to sacrifice a goat?
April 28th, 2011, 03:59 PM
Not yet, but I'm not preggo yet, so I haven't completely ruled it out

May 1st, 2011, 06:18 PM
*Candi*'s Avatar Candi
at Danielle!

We are WTTC.... only 2 more months tho! YAY!!!!!

June 10th, 2011, 08:54 PM
Jaci's Avatar I AM a Doula :)
I had a doula with my vbac (DH probably liked having her there more than I, he was able to get a break now and again and I was never left alone) and I still feel that if I had one for my first son I never would have ended up with a c/s in the first place. I'm a huge advocate that every first-time mom and vbac mom especially (and multips as well!) should have a doula if they want one. Then again, I'm a doula so I'm a little biased.

Thanks to *Kiliki* for my siggie!

Our Family Blog

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search