Hi! New to the section!

Forum: VBAC: Vaginal Birth After a Caesarean

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To VBAC: Vaginal Birth After a Caesarean LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 26th, 2011, 12:40 PM
Keepin' it real!
Hi,
I am new to the section. I am 29 weeks 1 d pregnant as a surrogate mom. I have 4 kids of my own, my last ones, twins, being born exactly 4 years ago (today).
I have about 7-10 weeks left before delivery and am going for a VBAC. I had 2 vaginal deliveries that went very quickly. One at 40 and the other at 41 weeks. My twins were a crash-emergency c section in 2007(35 weeks) because of double breech. Due to some complications with the anesthesia and my son (baby b) getting stuck, I was put completely under. I had uterine atony after this section and a very difficult time healing, but now am perfectly fine. In fact, I guess I healed so well, that you have to have a hysteroscopy in order to even detect the internal scar. (External is barely visible also) For this reason, my OB thinks it's fine to try VBAC.

My questions for those of you who have done this:
Did you end up delivering vaginally or by c-section?
Did you notice your labor (if you previously delivered vaginally, then section, then vbac) lasted longer/shorter?
Were you induced and if so, how? My OB will not use any pitocin or cervadil because he says inducing increases risk of rupture.
Did you go later than your due date or earlier?
If you went later, was it an automatic c-section or did they break your water and let you labor naturally?
Did you deliver in a birthing room or OR?

TIA! I am realllly hoping for a vaginal delivery this time around!

1 Girl 2011 and 1 Boy 2013. Their family is COMPLETE!

Surrogacy # 3 for new family?: 2014??
April 28th, 2011, 07:04 PM
queenofthecastle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Welcome!! I haven't had a VBAC yet but plan on it with my next pregnancy ( I will be attempting a VBAC after 3 c/s). There are birth stories in a subform that you could check out for inspiration.

GL with your VBAC!!

=May '05 and '11

May 10th, 2011, 08:18 AM
Keepin' it real!
TY!

1 Girl 2011 and 1 Boy 2013. Their family is COMPLETE!

Surrogacy # 3 for new family?: 2014??
May 10th, 2011, 08:23 AM
*Candi*'s Avatar Candi
Welcome! I havent had a vbac yet either, but am planning to with the next baby. Good luck!

Thank you GraysMama for an awesome siggy!

May 10th, 2011, 02:25 PM
NutMeg76's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Did you end up delivering vaginally or by c-section?
Did you notice your labor (if you previously delivered vaginally, then section, then vbac) lasted longer/shorter?
Were you induced and if so, how? WHile a gentle indcution with pitcocin can be safe, it is best to avoid pit as much as possible. Recent research shows that agumenting labor, as in giving poit later in the labor is MORE dangerous than inducing with pit. I was induced for my last birth with cytotec- it was before 28 weeks so not as dangerous. I also had a pit augmentation with my 4th baby, which I didn't knwo was even worse than induction. I didn't even need it though since she was born just 40 mins after the first dose.

Did you go later than your due date or earlier? I went earlier.
If you went later, was it an automatic c-section or did they break your water and let you labor naturally? Since this didn't happen I can't sya. But, I would insist on a gentle pitocin induction before I EVER agreed to a PROM. THe PROM puts you at far more risk in general than pitocin does. I would also consider a bulb catheter induction.
Did you deliver in a birthing room or OR? In a birthing room of course. My next birth will be at home.

When they persisted in questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "Let the person among you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her." John 8:7
Sail Back to Me

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search