Can you ladies help me out?

Forum: VBAC: Vaginal Birth After a Caesarean

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To VBAC: Vaginal Birth After a Caesarean LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 28th, 2011, 12:06 PM
WhoaMomma!'s Avatar Danielle
So apparently my midwives' VBAC policy has changed since my appointment when we discussed it. Their backup OBs have decided not to allow any VBAC patients to go past 40 weeks. They also don't do inductions on VBAC patients so it's ERCS on your due date. I spoke to the mifwife who delivered Claire on the phone, and she is outraged that their backup OBs are basically denying women the opportunity to VBAC. She asked me to write to the head of women's health at the hospital protesting the unfair policy on the grounds that it does not conform the ACOG or NIH recommendations. She basically said that they can't piss off their backup OBs, but they don't want women to just roll over and take it. So I need to write a letter, and I have NO clue where to start or what I should say. Any suggestions?!

My daughter is perfect, but her birth was not. If you or someone you love is struggling to cope with a traumatic childbirth experience, please visit http://www.solaceformothers.org/
April 28th, 2011, 12:46 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Give me the weekend to draw up a draft for you and you can go from there. I'll post it here on Sunday night.
April 28th, 2011, 04:53 PM
Oh awesome! Thank you so so so much!

My daughter is perfect, but her birth was not. If you or someone you love is struggling to cope with a traumatic childbirth experience, please visit http://www.solaceformothers.org/
May 1st, 2011, 07:19 PM
*Candi*'s Avatar Candi
wow danielle that is ridiculous!

Thank you GraysMama for an awesome siggy!

May 1st, 2011, 09:19 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Okay, trickier that I though. I need more time to take out the soap box and make it professional.
May 7th, 2011, 07:47 AM
LOL - take as much time as you need! I just wanna get this right and I don't have any urgency since I'm not even pregnant yet.

May 8th, 2011, 02:53 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to WendyBird Send a message via Yahoo to WendyBird
That is just sad. I hope you can make some change with the letter.

My Ovulation Chart

May 9th, 2011, 02:45 PM
OwensMommy25's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had the same issue and I had to opt for a homebirth with midwives. Although I ended up with an emergency c-section, I got to try! It was great and I was happy I did it. I think This policy takes away your right to choose your own medical path. I hope you find some resolution.

Thanks to Pattyandthemoos For the wonderful siggy!

May 10th, 2011, 11:50 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by kruff79 View Post
Give me the weekend to draw up a draft for you and you can go from there. I'll post it here on Sunday night.
that is really nice of you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoaMomma! View Post
So apparently my midwives' VBAC policy has changed since my appointment when we discussed it. Their backup OBs have decided not to allow any VBAC patients to go past 40 weeks. They also don't do inductions on VBAC patients so it's ERCS on your due date. I spoke to the mifwife who delivered Claire on the phone, and she is outraged that their backup OBs are basically denying women the opportunity to VBAC. She asked me to write to the head of women's health at the hospital protesting the unfair policy on the grounds that it does not conform the ACOG or NIH recommendations. She basically said that they can't piss off their backup OBs, but they don't want women to just roll over and take it. So I need to write a letter, and I have NO clue where to start or what I should say. Any suggestions?!
That is horrible, there policy is seriously screwed up! my doc originally said they would not induce then I asked him about using a foley balloon if need be and he said no. I then researched it and found out that a foley balloon (cervical dilator balloon) is not only safe with VBAC's but one of the recommended methods for induction/cervical ripening. The next appt I called him out on it and he changed his tune, he even agreed to place one if I went past 41 weeks and needed it! My point is yes your midwife is right, you need to write a letter and call them out on it!

Thank you to Jaidynsmum for my beautiful Siggy!

May 14th, 2011, 07:37 PM
*~Ginny~*'s Avatar RN - Student CNM :)
Send a message via AIM to *~Ginny~*
Any update, Danielle?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search