Log In Sign Up

VBAC Success!


Forum: VBAC: Vaginal Birth After a Caesarean

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To VBAC: Vaginal Birth After a Caesarean LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
  #1  
April 29th, 2011, 10:34 PM
Member
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 20
Hello Ladies,

I have never been a poster, I would read through everyone's story though.

My first baby was sunnyside up and I did not dilate past 8 cm after being in labor for 48 hours my mid wife said it was time for a c section. I was devastated. 11 months later I found out I was preggers again and I started to develop my plan for a VBAC. I had to have a consultation with a doctor, who was my previous doctor ( my practice has midwives and doctors) He answered all my questions and informed me I was a good candidate to "try" a VBAC. He stressed the try bc they have a 80% success rate. Well this just made me want it more.

At the end of the pregnancy I stayed focused on picturing the baby in the correct position, flowing out of my uterus. I actually copied pictures from a VBAC book and posted them all over my house. I know Crazzzy I practiced relaxing. When I went into labor I called my doctor, waited a couple of hours and then went to the hospital. It took 15 hours of labor with 2.5 hours of pushing through the super bowl and I made it! A beautiful 7lb 2oz baby girl! Then best moment of my life!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
April 30th, 2011, 06:18 AM
WhoaMomma!'s Avatar Danielle
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 8,446
__________________

My daughter is perfect, but her birth was not. If you or someone you love is struggling to cope with a traumatic childbirth experience, please visit http://www.solaceformothers.org/
Reply With Quote
  #3  
April 30th, 2011, 10:51 AM
queenofthecastle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Fort Wayne, Indiana
Posts: 35,050
Thats awesome!!! CONGRATS on your VBAC!!!!
__________________


=May '05 and '11


Reply With Quote
  #4  
April 30th, 2011, 10:52 AM
NutMeg76's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: United States
Posts: 20,687
Woot!

I love how doctors use the 80% success with VBAC as a deterrent. Considering the c-section rate in the US is about 30%, that means the chance for vaginal birth in ANY woman is only 70%.
__________________

When they persisted in questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "Let the person among you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her." John 8:7
Sail Back to Me
Reply With Quote
  #5  
May 10th, 2011, 10:55 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 2,832
CONGRATS!!! awesome!
__________________

Thank you to Jaidynsmum for my beautiful Siggy!








Reply With Quote
Reply

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:06 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0