Help, desperately want to have VBA2C....

Forum: VBAC: Vaginal Birth After a Caesarean

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To VBAC: Vaginal Birth After a Caesarean LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 11th, 2011, 04:51 PM
I have two amazing beautiful little boys, and am TTC for #3!!! Heres the problem... well, maybe not a problem, but a very big concern for me at least, and I am hoping someone can help!!!

IN 2005 we brought our first sweet little boy into the world via UNNECESSARY section by a Dr that wasnt mine!!! ... he was +2 i was dialated at 9 and everyone could see his head... In walks Dr and says I am not quite there yet and she walks out, let me remind everyone that its not my Dr . She leaves for 2 HOURS, then comes back in, checks me, as I'm telling everyone I have to push and says " OK C Section!!!" The nurses were floored and I was scared bc I thought there was something wrong with my sweet baby!! Nurses assure me there is nothing wrong and that there is just 1/2 cm of my cervix that wasn't thinning all the way so they immediately had me go from side to side to get the baby's head to thin it out, meanwhile, all the Dr had to do was rub her pinkie across it and thin it the rest of the way. Nurses told the Dr that I was fine and that I could start pushing... So she walked out and said " Do what you want!!!" Nurses had me start pushing and it was the most exhilarating experience ever!!! I felt him come down and back up. down and back up.... then after just 5 minutes she came back in and said she didnt have time for this, she had other babies to deliver and started prepping me for a section.. all the while, I was crying in pain bc of the rectal pressure I felt bc I HAD TO PUSH!!!!! Anyhow, in I went for the section. DH came in and all I could say to him was that I felt them cutting me open... he tried to tell me that they hadn't started yet, but I knew what I was feeling... Last thing I remember is DH telling them I felt everything and then thy put me to sleep I didn't get to hear my sons first cry, the announcement that he was a BOY or anything... they gave me so many drugs that our sweet boy was born at 3:17pm 8lbs 7oz and I didn't get to hold him until 11:30pm.. everyone else held him before me....

Fast foward to 2008, the delivery of our second little boy... automatically a scheduled section, bc my Dr (who you have to know I LOVE AND ADORE) said that he didnt want to d a VBAC bc its too risky and he didnt want to risk loosing me and the baby, so I listened although I KNOW my body can do this!!!!!!!!! So as I went into labor with #2 Dr came in (MINE) and checked me just for giggles, and I was fully dialated and at +2 again!!! He even stated he wished he could let me push...... @11:37am our sweet boy was born 9lbs 15.7oz...

Here we are TTC and it scares me that Dr wont let me try for VBA2C... What do I do?!?!?! Help please!!!!!
June 11th, 2011, 06:11 PM
NutMeg76's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well , you probably won't be happy with this but the first thing you need to do is find a supportive doctor. If your current OB forced you to have an ERCS, then he will not 'allow' you do a VBA2C for sure.

Recently the ACOG updated their statement and now say that women with two previous c-sections should be offered a TOL. There is no reason you should not be able to VBAC. But you NEED a supportive care provider!

When they persisted in questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "Let the person among you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her." John 8:7
Sail Back to Me
June 24th, 2011, 07:28 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to WendyBird Send a message via Yahoo to WendyBird
Ditto to Meghan. I had a VBA2C in 2008, and the only reason I got it was because I went searching for a care provider that not only SAID he would do it, but could prove that he had done it before. I had to travel over 2 hours to his office and the hospital, but it was completely worth it.

No matter how much you may love an OB, if their birth philosophies don't match up with your desires, it wont work.

Start by looking for doulas, and ask them if they know of any OB's that do VBA2C's. Go to a LLL meeting, look for an ICAN meeting to attend. Find people around you that are in the birth world that can give a good recommendation. Then start calling. Just talk to the nurse that answers at first. They will know if they take VBAC patients or not. Once you find one, then make an appointment just to talk. NOT a prenatal, first patient appointment.

Good luck! It's totally worth it!

My Ovulation Chart

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search