Anyone planning a VBAC

Forum: VBAC: Vaginal Birth After a Caesarean

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To VBAC: Vaginal Birth After a Caesarean LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 4th, 2011, 06:49 AM
*Candi*'s Avatar Candi
check in here!

We are just starting to TTC but all I can think about is my VBAC. So who else is either pg or ttc and planning a vbac? I NEED to talk about it with people who 'get' it

Thank you GraysMama for an awesome siggy!

July 4th, 2011, 07:30 AM
quietsong's Avatar Just Another Slacker Mom
Send a message via MSN to quietsong
I am! I'm newly pregnant with #3, due in March. My first was a vaginal birth and my second a c-section, planning a VBAC this time.

Visit My Blog, and come join me at the JM Blogs!
Thank you Jaidynsmum for the siggy!
July 4th, 2011, 07:58 PM
Gray_baby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I had my second DD in April and I can guarantee you that I thought about getting my VBAC constantly when I was pregnant! I worried so much that it would keep me up at night.

VBAC - Get the FACTS <--- Click Here
July 5th, 2011, 06:06 AM
*Candi*'s Avatar Candi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gray_baby View Post
I had my second DD in April and I can guarantee you that I thought about getting my VBAC constantly when I was pregnant! I worried so much that it would keep me up at night.

so I'm not the only one! I'm not even pg and I spend WAY too much time thinking about it LOL

July 5th, 2011, 09:23 AM
HONEYBUNNY61's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Me! #2 is due in January and I'm totally obsessed with the birth this time.

VBAC, NATURAL BIRTHING, BREASTFEEDING, BABYWEARING, CLOTH DIAPERING MOM!
July 5th, 2011, 10:33 AM
*Candi*'s Avatar Candi
Quote:
Originally Posted by HONEYBUNNY61 View Post
Me! #2 is due in January and I'm totally obsessed with the birth this time.

YAY! I love your vbac blinkie!!!!

I am way more obsessed with my birth this time too... last time I was scared, this time I want to get it right!

July 5th, 2011, 06:36 PM
NutMeg76's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am planning a VBAC this will be my fifth

When they persisted in questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "Let the person among you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her." John 8:7
Sail Back to Me
July 5th, 2011, 07:52 PM
Sk8ermaiden's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am planning, planning, planning and we are not TTC until November (although we might try in August, not sure?). I have the last of my provider interviews later this month and I am hoping she's THE ONE. I think about it constantly.

At the same time I am both totally obsessed with getting a VBAC and totally fine with rolling with the punches, if that makes sense. Just having such an awful, awful first birth makes me more aware of how awry things can go and I'm not going to be upset about a deviation from the ideal. My plan is to get the best hospital and best doctor and best doula I can, stay in great shape, add some new things to my arsenal (I have Bradley but am thinking of adding the pink kit and hypnobabies), and then let go and let what happens happen.

July 5th, 2011, 09:12 PM
Jaci's Avatar I AM a Doula :)
I'm a BTDT VBAC mama but I can support all you ladies

Thanks to *Kiliki* for my siggie!

Our Family Blog
July 6th, 2011, 06:36 AM
*Candi*'s Avatar Candi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaci View Post
I'm a BTDT VBAC mama but I can support all you ladies
YAY! Thats great

I just got Ina May Gaskins book from the library last night and I am SO excited to read it! I know one of the main reasons I ended up with a c/s was because I was sO unprepared for birth so I am trying to start getting prepared now.... it helps that now at least I know what labour will be like

July 6th, 2011, 07:01 AM
blessdmommy's Avatar Happy mama to 3!
Send a message via AIM to blessdmommy
I'm planning on a VB2C with my next pregnancy.

Mama to 3, expecting #4 in December!

July 6th, 2011, 08:09 AM
HONEYBUNNY61's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Candi* View Post
I am way more obsessed with my birth this time too... last time I was scared, this time I want to get it right!
Exactly! I was way too trusting of the Dr./nurses out of fear. I'm going to be in charge this time.

VBAC, NATURAL BIRTHING, BREASTFEEDING, BABYWEARING, CLOTH DIAPERING MOM!
July 6th, 2011, 08:53 AM
*Candi*'s Avatar Candi
YAY! I'm so glad theres a bunch of us planning/thinking about VBACs (and you btdt moms to help!)

so what have you done/planned so far?

I've contacted the local midwives and asked if they handle vbacs which they do!! And I am looking into what I want to do in terms of pain managment (hypnobirthing, bradley ect)

July 6th, 2011, 08:59 AM
*Candi*'s Avatar Candi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gray_baby View Post
I just peeked at your blog and read your birth story.... I totally teared up

July 6th, 2011, 09:49 AM
RIght now I am just waiting to see what happens when I see the OB. We see our fmaily practice doctor until about 34 weeks and then swtich to the OBs at the hospital. The doc I saw last time mentioned that they might not 'let you VBAC depending on teh comfort of the provider that is on call." Um, yeah I don't think so. I have had 4 VBACs, my last birth is NOT going to be a surgery for someone else's comfort.

Part of me wants to get an appointment with them sooner because I don't know if I can go 20 weeks wondering what is going to happen. He mentioned the risks, and I wasn't fast enough to think to ask him the risks. I will next time. I think he is one of those providers that doesn't really know what he is talking about when it comes to VBAC. That scares me because it means they are probably NOT letting other women know that it is a good and safe option for them.

When they persisted in questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "Let the person among you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her." John 8:7
Sail Back to Me
July 6th, 2011, 01:25 PM
*Candi*'s Avatar Candi
Quote:
Originally Posted by NutMeg76 View Post
RIght now I am just waiting to see what happens when I see the OB. We see our fmaily practice doctor until about 34 weeks and then swtich to the OBs at the hospital. The doc I saw last time mentioned that they might not 'let you VBAC depending on teh comfort of the provider that is on call." Um, yeah I don't think so. I have had 4 VBACs, my last birth is NOT going to be a surgery for someone else's comfort.

Part of me wants to get an appointment with them sooner because I don't know if I can go 20 weeks wondering what is going to happen. He mentioned the risks, and I wasn't fast enough to think to ask him the risks. I will next time. I think he is one of those providers that doesn't really know what he is talking about when it comes to VBAC. That scares me because it means they are probably NOT letting other women know that it is a good and safe option for them.
I think I would feel the same, i would want to know they are going to let me vbac now, not at the last minute. If you call and ask them about making an appt to discuss vbac do you think they will meet with you? Is there another provider nearby who WILL let you vbac if they wont? Obviously you've been successful if you've already had 4 vbac's so I cant see why they would say no!

July 6th, 2011, 09:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Candi* View Post
I think I would feel the same, i would want to know they are going to let me vbac now, not at the last minute. If you call and ask them about making an appt to discuss vbac do you think they will meet with you? Is there another provider nearby who WILL let you vbac if they wont? Obviously you've been successful if you've already had 4 vbac's so I cant see why they would say no!
I am in the Air Force and will have the baby at an Army hospital. There are no other options for me here.

Sail Back to Me
July 7th, 2011, 06:27 AM
*Candi*'s Avatar Candi
Well I REALLY hope they will let you vbac then!

July 10th, 2011, 02:41 PM
WhoaMomma!'s Avatar Danielle
Well you know I am! Unfortunately I feel sorta like it's me against everybody else in this. But I gotta do what I gotta do. Nobody else has to go thru that surgery, so they all need to STFU.

My daughter is perfect, but her birth was not. If you or someone you love is struggling to cope with a traumatic childbirth experience, please visit http://www.solaceformothers.org/
July 10th, 2011, 02:54 PM
Sk8ermaiden's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoaMomma! View Post
Well you know I am! Unfortunately I feel sorta like it's me against everybody else in this. But I gotta do what I gotta do. Nobody else has to go thru that surgery, so they all need to STFU.
I did not know you were pregnant! I'll be following your journey!!! Please keep us posted.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search