Ive been lurking but now I have questions ( kinda long)

Forum: VBAC: Vaginal Birth After a Caesarean

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To VBAC: Vaginal Birth After a Caesarean LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 17th, 2011, 02:32 PM
ladybugwoods's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm a member of the Jan DDC. I had two unplanned c-sections. First one was due to premature rupture , water broke on 9/16 I wasn't due until 10/12. Only made it to 4.5 cm after 28. His hb went down my bp went down. Second was failure to dilate the doc would not give pitocin to help. Made it to 4cm after 33hr.
So now I'm married and coming to the half way point of this pregnancy. I want to vbac and of course I'm starting to research . Then today after taking about history and risk my DH says to me " this all sounds too dangerous. Labor is really hard work and you've never really had to push. I think you should just have the surgery." How do I argue with him.?? Is it too risky?? You all seem to be pretty knowledgeable.
August 17th, 2011, 08:24 PM
blessdmommy's Avatar Happy mama to 3!
Send a message via AIM to blessdmommy
Congratulations on your pregnancy!

I think it'd be worth it to try for a VBAC. It's not "too risky".
Here's some info from the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
Ob-Gyns Issue Less Restrictive VBAC Guidelines

Mama to 3, expecting #4 in December!

August 18th, 2011, 12:29 PM
*Candi*'s Avatar Candi
I agree, there is a LOT of info out there that shows that it is less risky to have a vbac than a c/s. If you really want a vbac, and it sounds like you do, I think you should should out the ICAN website and maybe print some of the stats off for your dh. Sit down and tell him this is REALLY important to you, and that with the right support team you think you can do this. Good luck and please KUP on your vbac journey!

Thank you GraysMama for an awesome siggy!

August 18th, 2011, 06:29 PM
blondie-lox's Avatar Do NOT feed the Troll
I'm going for a VBA2C as well. I did a lot of research and I second using ICAN. The chance of having a uterine rupture is so slim. I don't feel what I'm doing is too risky, to me a third cesarean is too risky.

Huge thanks to *Kiliki* for the FANTABULOUS new siggy!!
August 19th, 2011, 04:27 PM
ladybugwoods's Avatar Super Mommy
So, I went to doc today. Armed with questions and info. I totally got shot down. Told me even if I was transferred odds are they would send me back. Because my body has never showed that it is able to dilate or birth. Then my health became topic. He said for my situation vbac would be more risky than c/s.
I'm so disappointed. My DH won't even talk about it anymore, he says the cons far out weigh the pros.
August 20th, 2011, 10:41 AM
NutMeg76's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
If I were you I would find a doctor that supports VBAC and try for one. Your husband needs to research this himself and not just take the word of a doctor like that. He is being ignorant.

When they persisted in questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "Let the person among you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her." John 8:7
Sail Back to Me
August 21st, 2011, 06:51 PM
WhoaMomma!'s Avatar Danielle
Is it the same doctor who performed your c/s? Bc I would have asked him why he didn't have more faith in his own surgical abilities?

And your DH needs to realize that it is YOUR body and YOUR life and limb being placed at risk by having a c/s. Is he aware that the risk to mom in a RCS is double that of a VBAC? Is he prepared to raise your 3 kids without you if God forbid you should be one of the unlucky few? Does he want the responsibility of being forever remembered as the man who didn't support your wishes? As the pro-choice people always say, YOUR body, YOUR choice!

I don't mean to offend at all. This just hits a nerve with me because my husband always thinks he gets to have a say in my birth and prenatal care, and I'm like "excuse me whose vagina is it again!?"

My daughter is perfect, but her birth was not. If you or someone you love is struggling to cope with a traumatic childbirth experience, please visit http://www.solaceformothers.org/

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search