Just found out i'm prego and want to VBAC

Forum: VBAC: Vaginal Birth After a Caesarean

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To VBAC: Vaginal Birth After a Caesarean LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 29th, 2011, 10:09 AM
JennLynn_'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My daughter had to be born by c-section as she was 3 weeks early, my water broke and she was breech. The hospital refused to try and turn her. THey told me I had to do c-section.

SO I did...

I just found out on Friday that i'm about 5/6 weeks prego? not sure exactly. Have yet to go to the doctor's. But already my mind is racing with what's going to happen with this one.

I really don't want a set day for c-section,e tc. etc. I want the whole waiting to go into labour, the excitement, the experience..

My sister says i'm nuts. She had two V-Births and she says i'm crazy to want to experience the pain LOL

So i've heard that it's dangerous to have a VBAC.. to do with scar tissue? Is that true? just wondering on the whys and hows and whats of it all!!

Thanks!!!

Still searching around the forum, but just wanted to introduce myself with a little of my story/plan!!

~Jenn~

http://JenniferDow.SBC90.com
August 29th, 2011, 12:13 PM
blondie-lox's Avatar Do NOT feed the Troll
Congrats!!!

Check out International Cesarean Awareness Network it has some great information on VBACs. I personally feel the risk is greater to have a repeat cesarean than a VBAC. I'm going for a VBA2C and I'm not worried in the least. The risk of uterine rupture is so small, and the risk is even smaller for the rupture to be catastrophic. Good luck making your decision, definitely make sure you research though!! Information and knowledge is key.

Huge thanks to *Kiliki* for the FANTABULOUS new siggy!!
August 29th, 2011, 12:46 PM
*Candi*'s Avatar Candi
Hi! This is a great board with lots of info! I see you are near me, have you decided if you are going to go with a dr or a midwife? Make sure whoever you choose that you ask them right from the beginning how they feel about VBACs.

I am planning a vbac for this baby (in fact I think we are in the same ddc!) and there is a ton of info out there, but I know that I want to at least TRY for a vaginal birth.

Thank you GraysMama for an awesome siggy!

August 29th, 2011, 01:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blondie-lox View Post
Congrats!!!

Check out International Cesarean Awareness Network it has some great information on VBACs. I personally feel the risk is greater to have a repeat cesarean than a VBAC. I'm going for a VBA2C and I'm not worried in the least. The risk of uterine rupture is so small, and the risk is even smaller for the rupture to be catastrophic. Good luck making your decision, definitely make sure you research though!! Information and knowledge is key.

Thanks for the link!! I need all the info I can get!!

August 29th, 2011, 01:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Candi* View Post
Hi! This is a great board with lots of info! I see you are near me, have you decided if you are going to go with a dr or a midwife? Make sure whoever you choose that you ask them right from the beginning how they feel about VBACs.

I am planning a vbac for this baby (in fact I think we are in the same ddc!) and there is a ton of info out there, but I know that I want to at least TRY for a vaginal birth.
I think it will likely be a doctor... I haven't even really thought about a midwife? Yes, I think i've seen you post in the DDC actually! LOL

I'm really hoping for the vaginal birth experience, even though everyone thinks i'm nuts! LOL

August 30th, 2011, 05:31 AM
*Candi*'s Avatar Candi
dont worry, people keep asking me why, wouldnt another c/s just be easier. To which I reply, yes it probably would be but I'm still going to try.

Thank you GraysMama for an awesome siggy!

August 30th, 2011, 07:45 PM
blessdmommy's Avatar Happy mama to 3!
Send a message via AIM to blessdmommy
You, Candi and I are in the same DDC! I too want a VBAC (in my case a VB2C)! I HIGHLY recommend the ICAN forums! Good luck mama!

Mama to 3, expecting #4 in December!

August 31st, 2011, 06:59 AM
queenofthecastle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I totally recommend ICAN. I wouldn't have found my m/w who is willing to help me achieve a VBAC after 3 c/s if it weren't for them.

=May '05 and '11

September 1st, 2011, 01:36 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I think people who think a c-section is "easy" are crazy! Lol Recovery for me was pretty rough.... The vbac recovery was SO much easier. I was up walking around the hospital a couple of hours after vbac which was definitely not the case after surgery.

A lot of people (especially doctors) will try to tell you vbac is dangerous. There is the small risk of a tear... but I feel like it was exaggerated. If you see a doctor, ask LOTS of questions. What are their "rules" on inducing? What do they expect for pain relief? How far past due will they let you go?

My doctor absolutely would not induce (didn't need it anyways). She insisted on an epidural (I had really wanted to do it natural and regret the epi... but at the time I was willing to do ANYTHING to avoid c-section). And she wouldn't let me go past 39 weeks (ended up having him at 37 weeks).

The benefits of vbac by far outweigh c-section. Congratulations on your pregnancy!
September 15th, 2011, 05:34 PM
Thanks everyone!!!

I have yet to meet with my OB but my family doctor said he doesn't see why I wouldn't be able to have a VBAC. He said he sees no reason why I can't!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search