Wwyd?

Forum: VBAC: Vaginal Birth After a Caesarean

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To VBAC: Vaginal Birth After a Caesarean LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 20th, 2011, 07:14 AM
HONEYBUNNY61's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
The Unnecesarean posted this yesterday. Mississippi Cesarean Rates,2010 - The Unnecesarean -

Um, that first hospital listed with a 72.6% cesarean rate, would be mine. The lowest rate in the state is 20 minutes away. I will be bringing this up at my appointment tomorrow. But I'm kind of outraged. I'm not sure what to do. Part of me wants to switch so the cesarean obsessed hospital won't get my money, but part of me wants to stay to prove that it can be done and help that rate.

Honestly, I'm so aggravated by the lack of education in our OB office and women's pavilion - something as simple as not nary a poster about breastfeeding - that I'm seriously considering it my mission to help. But that's another topic....

VBAC, NATURAL BIRTHING, BREASTFEEDING, BABYWEARING, CLOTH DIAPERING MOM!
September 20th, 2011, 04:45 PM
~*3 little bears*~'s Avatar Jack~Mack~Brooke~Baby
Send a message via AIM to ~*3 little bears*~
If it were me I would go to the other hopsital 20 minutes away. When you are in labor you don't need unsupportive providers pushing for a section. 20 minutes is not that far to drive to have a much better chance of having the birth you want.

September 20th, 2011, 04:56 PM
quietsong's Avatar Just Another Slacker Mom
Send a message via MSN to quietsong
I'd honestly switch in your shoes. I agree with the sentiment of wanting to prove to them it can be done, but I wouldn't want to risk that they'd push me into a section and I'd be unsupported in my labor, you know?

Visit My Blog, and come join me at the JM Blogs!
Thank you Jaidynsmum for the siggy!
September 20th, 2011, 06:27 PM
queenofthecastle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'd definitely drive the 20 minutes!!!

=May '05 and '11

September 21st, 2011, 06:26 AM
I'm going to the Dr. in a few. It's certainly stirred some distrust in me. I'm worried I will be lied to to get things moving if I stall or take too long. Like something is wrong with me or the baby and we need to do a section. That just screams doctor-centered care. Just might switch...we shall see.

September 21st, 2011, 09:44 AM
*Candi*'s Avatar Candi
I agree with the other ladies, I would switch.

Thank you GraysMama for an awesome siggy!

September 21st, 2011, 10:41 PM
NutMeg76's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Switch without a doubt.

When they persisted in questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "Let the person among you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her." John 8:7
Sail Back to Me
September 22nd, 2011, 10:04 AM
Not switching. I REALLY like my Dr. And I've been so frantic about this birth that I'm just sick of worrying about it. I want to enjoy the pregnancy, dangit!

The practice is 3 doctors. One of which sees the most patients and does A LOT of c-sections. I know this because I know a lot of his patients. I know very few of my doctor's patients. She said she really wasn't surprised our hospital had the highest for that reason, though she thought it was a bit high of a percentage still. She said her rate was closer to 20% and she prefers vaginal deliveries while the other doctor seems to prefer c/s. She classified her patients as "more mature" and his as "needier." I'm sure many of her patients have switched to him.

I made her sign in blood that she would be present for my delivery. If bad doctor comes near me, I will kick him in the junk. And my doula has caught babies before.... Still, that number is so so sad. My doctor has been practicing for a long time. I sensed some irritation from her about bad doctor's practice.

September 22nd, 2011, 02:42 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hope everything works out for you. I used to live in Starkville (DH is from there and my IL's live there). I had my DD at the second highest hospital (Women's Hospital at Riveroaks) and had a c-section. Hmmmm.
September 23rd, 2011, 05:56 AM
*Candi*'s Avatar Candi
Quote:
Originally Posted by HONEYBUNNY61 View Post

I made her sign in blood that she would be present for my delivery. If bad doctor comes near me, I will kick him in the junk.
this srsly made me

Thank you GraysMama for an awesome siggy!

September 23rd, 2011, 07:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by majicmaid View Post
Hope everything works out for you. I used to live in Starkville (DH is from there and my IL's live there). I had my DD at the second highest hospital (Women's Hospital at Riveroaks) and had a c-section. Hmmmm.
Starkville is the one with the lowest rate. Small world. I'm in West Point...if you haven't figured that out yet.

September 23rd, 2011, 08:24 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I did.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search