Finding a Pro VBAC Dr.

Forum: VBAC: Vaginal Birth After a Caesarean

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To VBAC: Vaginal Birth After a Caesarean LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 17th, 2011, 06:43 PM
Celry's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Anyone know how I can go about finding a pro VBAC doctor in my area? I've asked a few people that I know who might be able to point me toward some doctors/midwives/doulas who do VBACs. I'm wondering if there is somewhere I can also go online to dig up info for a specific state.

Thank you peimum for my siggie

Dec 26 '08, BFP after 21 months thanks to acupuncture
Jan 14 '09, first u/s one strong heart beat
Jan 28, '09, second u/s, Surprise! two strong heart beats
Aug 13, '09 Arya and Eiley are born on what would have been their great grandmother's 105th birthday
365 Days in a Roe

October 18th, 2011, 01:11 PM
dream2bemommy22's Avatar and baby makes 5
International Cesarean Awareness Network

You can look on here, they have lists of pro VBAC hospitals.

What i did to find my doctor, was i actually just did a google search of VBAC doctors in my city. It actually brought me to this other message board, that had a bunch of great reviews. And i found my doctor that way. And the hospital im delivering at has 16 doctors all who are vbac friendly.
October 19th, 2011, 01:35 PM
Celry's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Thanks!

I ended up asking a lactation consultant who also leads a morning with mom group at our local hospital that has the best maternity ward. She gave me a few names and they are the same ones that kept coming up online.

Thank you peimum for my siggie

Dec 26 '08, BFP after 21 months thanks to acupuncture
Jan 14 '09, first u/s one strong heart beat
Jan 28, '09, second u/s, Surprise! two strong heart beats
Aug 13, '09 Arya and Eiley are born on what would have been their great grandmother's 105th birthday
365 Days in a Roe

October 20th, 2011, 10:11 AM
*Candi*'s Avatar Candi
I hope you find one! Good luck!

Thank you GraysMama for an awesome siggy!

November 3rd, 2011, 06:16 PM
Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by dream2bemommy22 View Post
International Cesarean Awareness Network

You can look on here, they have lists of pro VBAC hospitals.

What i did to find my doctor, was i actually just did a google search of VBAC doctors in my city. It actually brought me to this other message board, that had a bunch of great reviews. And i found my doctor that way. And the hospital im delivering at has 16 doctors all who are vbac friendly.
I would be warey of the ICAN list for finding a provider for vbacs. I was on the local list for where we live. The people on the list repeatedly suggested one provider, the same one, over and over. I went to him, but things were not right. I tried to ask about it on the list and was so attacked, I felt like I was doing something wrong. But as I got in to my 3rd trimester and he got hostile and angry over my asking for the glucose tolerance 1 hr test, and he refused to test or treat for a simple UTI, I realized the red flags earlier on were really red flags. The people on the ICAN list acted with such anger over my saying I was going to look elsewhere over that OBs behavior. Unfortunately, it was too late. I was so far along that other doctors did not want to take me on. I was stuck. I found that the people who were on the ICAN list and stuck it out so long (long enough that they actually had a baby with that man and recommended him) were the ones who never needed a doctor, did not want painkillers, etc. Not one of them had so much as a UTI or a yeast infection. Everyone else left the list. I was not the only one complaining about how the list was just about that one doctor rather than any sort of support for a vbac or a csect. I ended up not even getting to try for a vbac really because that OB dumped me while I was in labor. I went in to labor on a weekend. Apparently, weekends were inconvenient for him. Ironically, I went back and reviewed the birth stories from people who had babies with him and none of them had babies on the weekends. I was told, on that Saturday, that he would not examine me or see me or allow me to be admitted at labor and delivery. Unfortunately, the nurses at labor and delivery said they had to follow the doctors orders. I ended up having to go to a different hospital and have an emergency c-sect. I don't know if I could have had a vbac or if I was really in danger. BUT, I have found that there are a lot of zealots on the local ican list to where I live. I think if you want to find a provider, you need to go out and look at OBs you have friends who have used and interview them yourself. But don't get tangled up with ICAN. They are just too far to the extreme and put their support of particular doctors ahead of the mothers and the babies.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search