Log In Sign Up

Back again and torn....


Forum: VBAC: Vaginal Birth After a Caesarean

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To VBAC: Vaginal Birth After a Caesarean LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
  #1  
October 27th, 2011, 06:18 PM
Karine119's Avatar SAHM of 3 Drama Queens!
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Boston, Ma
Posts: 4,816
Send a message via AIM to Karine119 Send a message via MSN to Karine119 Send a message via Yahoo to Karine119
Hello ladies, some of you might remember me... I had our third baby in March 2010 and actually went into labor and attempted a VBA2C, but ended in a c/s. I was scared due to tacky HB and then some pain that the nurse told me could be signs of rupture. I thought she was lying because after delivery my MW told me it was not in my file.

I am now currently 12 weeks pregnant and at my first appointment today my MW told me the decision is all mine. Of course I will still have to meet with the OBs and go over protocol of the risks, but I am just so torn. My new MW (same practice, but old one left), said looking back that the nurse telling me there was a window on my uterus was not lying and that my uterus was in fact very thin at delivery. This pregnancy and my last will be 26 months apart and the last two were 25 months apart. DH is being no help, he has told me it is all my decision.

I keep weighing the pros and cons over the last few hours.... but they seem to keep evening out. If you were where I am what do you think you might opt to do?
__________________


Reply With Quote
  #2  
October 28th, 2011, 06:51 AM
*Candi*'s Avatar Candi
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Ontario Canada
Posts: 8,645
if it were me I think I would attempt the vbac. If for any reason there looks like there might be complications you can always opt for a c/s
__________________

Thank you GraysMama for an awesome siggy!


Reply With Quote
  #3  
October 28th, 2011, 08:51 AM
Karine119's Avatar SAHM of 3 Drama Queens!
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Boston, Ma
Posts: 4,816
Send a message via AIM to Karine119 Send a message via MSN to Karine119 Send a message via Yahoo to Karine119
That is what I have been leaning towards. I mean despite not being 100% sure if I was lied to during my last delivery and now knowing the truth I made the correct decision when it was needed. I think I am just a little worried that with how fast stronger labor came on last time that it might be too late to make it to the hospital. On the pro side of course is an easier recovery while taking care of 4 children. As well as not wondering when they cut me open they tell me no more children.
__________________


Reply With Quote
  #4  
November 11th, 2011, 08:42 PM
palmetto_moon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 4,657
Can you request your medical records and read them for yourself? I would opt for the VBAC in almost any situation however, if there is really, truly, an extremely thin spot on your uterus and it is of significant size, then I might opt for the c/s (I know, not what you want to hear, and not what I'd want to hear either)...which is why I'd suggest getting your records and combing through them to see what is noted there...it might give you more feedback in which to make a good decision...
__________________


Thank you Kiliki for my awesome siggy!



visit our family blog at www.stalkedbythestork.com
Reply With Quote
  #5  
December 27th, 2011, 07:55 PM
Karine119's Avatar SAHM of 3 Drama Queens!
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Boston, Ma
Posts: 4,816
Send a message via AIM to Karine119 Send a message via MSN to Karine119 Send a message via Yahoo to Karine119
Wow I so missed this! I have been given the ok from my MW and she also feels I will know the right signs as I did last time. We are also hiring a doula who is a trained MW (just hasn't finished everything in her training to be certified) who will be able to help me one through labor, but two also listen for the signs that it is time for a c/s. I feel as much as I don't want another c/s if he picks his birth date I can be a little more content with it not turning out as planned.
__________________


Reply With Quote
Reply

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:48 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0