We pride ourselves on having the friendliest
and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment
for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers.
If you have any problems registering please drop an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!
Hi ladies my name is Basimah I am 26 years old and have had 3 c sections thus far 08,09,10 Is it realistic for me to even still want to give birth vaginally My first I had a placental abruption so off to the ER csecttion i went then baby #2 I was in active labor on the ultrasound they seen a thin window on my uterus so said it was best to not try the VBAC then #3 the told me I couldnt try it was too dangerous but I have been doing research of women who have had VBA3C so what do you all think should I have build myself up to think that this could happen for me ?
That is a tough one. 3 csections so close together makes it even harder for docs to allow you to try a VBAC. But there's nothing ever wrong with wanting to attempt one. With each Csections there is more scar tissue and can make your uterus weaker around the scar. But if you really want to attempt one then you should go for it. If one doctor tells you no, then find a new doctor. Keep looking for someone that will let you try. Maybe try a Neonatologist. I went to a couple doctors and ended up with a Neonatoligist who would let me try a VBAC. And I am very glad I fought for it because I got it. My oldest was born by csection after 24 hours of labor in March of 2009 and my youngest was born by VBAC in August 2010 after only 3 hours of labor.
I say go for it! I had c-sections in Jan. 07, Feb. 08, attempted a VBA2C in March 10, but showed signs of rupture coming so another c/s. I will be attempting a VBA3C in May. My midwife is ok with letting me try again and feels I will make the right decision. I just read a VBA3C story with C/S in 07, 08 & 10 with a VBA3C only 14 months after the last C/S. I have also read HBA5C stories and VBA5C.