feeling really defeated and having anxiety

Forum: VBAC: Vaginal Birth After a Caesarean

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To VBAC: Vaginal Birth After a Caesarean LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 30th, 2012, 07:45 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to mylie12
i'm currently 22 weeks pregnant with my third boy.

my first was vag at 31 weeks weiging 5.5 pounds hunter had a host of medical problems but i pumped and he was then giving my milk at 2 months old he needed surgery for a heart defect repair and sadly passed away during surgery.

my second son was born at 37.4 weeks and after a very long labor dialated to 10 pushed for about 30 minutes it was time for a section reason baby was too big and they figured he would never be born so i had a section and during the section i started freaking out and hyperventilated so they put me to sleep and kicked dh out of the room seb was born weighing 7.15 so 1 oz shy of 8 pounds after the section i was told to not bf for the first 24 hours because of the anestitics and that baby would not be able to room with during my whole stay because i had a section so during the day i struggled with bf and at night they fed him in the nursery formula i really had a hard time ( not pain wise) feeling like a mom they took that away from me

so with this time i was really pushing for a vbac but the hospital doesn't do vbacs and the 2 o.b's here are not for vbacs as well as the 2 midwives they are not accepting new patients at this moment

so i'm thinking it might be time to accept a repeat the only thing is the ob does repeat at 38 weeks no later or less and it turns out i will be 38 weeks on may 30 which is my first son's birthday i asked pleaded cried even and he is not budging on this day also he thinks it would just be better to be put to sleep again so this means no bf for 24 hours and the c-section means that baby will not be able to room with me so again formula fed at night bf during the day so again i'm thinking bfeeding might not be succesful once more

my question to you ladies is that if vbacking or bf is truely important to you like it is to me how far would you fight this and how so far i have contact woman's right which they advice me this isn't really what they get involve in ican chapter nearest me is 8 hours away and a few midwives from out of town that really had not much to say

January 30th, 2012, 12:11 PM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
wow. So sorry you are going through this. There is absolutely no way you can find another care provider who will allow you a trial of labor? Even if you have to drive further out?

Remember no one can force any care on you that you don't want. My last baby they tried to harrass me into another csection and I flat out refused. Of course I had to walk into the hospital at almost 9cm dilated and had the baby 20 minutes later, so it wasn't a very relaxing labor, but whatever, that was my choice.

I don't know much about Ican. I just fight these ceserean happy hospitals myself.
#12 is on the way
January 30th, 2012, 02:29 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to mylie12
the next nearest hospital is 3 hours away and they do vbacs and have vbac ob's or i can do like you as some of my friends suggested but i also was told that they might still want to do the section and that would be stressful and turn into an emergency i can change to another ob for just another date schedule but not for a vbac

January 30th, 2012, 05:48 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Have you considered a homebirth?

You can refuse to be put under. I had a planned csection, had a spinal and was bf within the first hour. You should also insist that are woken to bf in the middle of the night. You are the mother, you make the rules.

February 3rd, 2012, 11:13 PM
NutMeg76's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
With you being in Canada I am not sure how much flexibility you have with this stuff. I personally would not have a c-section just because the doctor wants me too. I just couldn't do that to myself or my baby.

Have you looked into joining the ICAN yahoo email group? If not you should.

When they persisted in questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "Let the person among you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her." John 8:7
Sail Back to Me

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search