Not sure what to do

Forum: VBAC: Vaginal Birth After a Caesarean

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To VBAC: Vaginal Birth After a Caesarean LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 26th, 2012, 06:25 PM
Super Mommy
Hi,

My name is Kim and I am from the July Due Date Club. This is my 4th pregnancy. First 2 were vaginal births. Labour progressed very fast, dialted fully, but then pushed for 3 hours each time and then just would not come out. Theirs heads were just there, but would not come out. So my first they took him out with forceps, my second it was basically the same thing, but took her out with the vaccum. My third I had a c-section because of Placenta Previa. Now with my 4th I am torn between a repeat c-section or a VBAC. My husband is just as scared as I am, so he is leaning towards a c-section.
My Dr. says I am a good candidate because of previous vaginal deliveries, however they did have to force them out, which could possibly cause the uterus to tear. Also I read tonight on American Pregnancy that people with diabetes are not good candidates, and I have gestational diabetes.
My fear is the uterus rupturing, and bleeding soo much that I would need a blood transfusion...(the thought of a transfusion scares me to death. I have a fear of other peoples blood cause I am scared of the infectious dieases they carry) So having a transfusion I would be sooo scared....And the most scariest is death of my baby and myself....So...I have not idea what to do...I know it comes down to my decision, and no one can make it for me...But it scares me....
March 27th, 2012, 09:59 AM
3Sapphires's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
were you ever encouraged to try pushing in different positions, it could be the baby just was in a bad position and maybe getting on your hands and knees or side pushing or squatting would have worked to deliver baby faster.

Good luck in your decision. The more info you have on the risks of both the better off you will be.

c-sections come with some pretty weighty risk complications, including maternal and fetal death.

FF Chart**CrazyAmiCrochet**
Missing Our Angels gone too soon 6/5/10 & 3/1/14
Adam Michael 9/22/06 (c-section)~Nathan Joseph 9/4/08 (VBAC)~Lincoln Thomas 9/5/12 (VBAC)

April 12th, 2012, 07:44 PM
Super Mommy
yes they did have me try diferent positions, and none seemed to work....
I guess what scares me the most, is I just have to hear one bad story and then I am freaked out.
There is a woman who I work with and she had a c-section and 12 years later she got pregnant and attempted a VBAC...Her story was similar to my vaginal births....She pushed for 3 hours, and they had to take baby out with vaccum, and when doing that, it ruptured the uterus, and she bleed alot and needed many many blood transfusions, and 12 hours later they had to remove her uterus....
I still have not decided, but my husband is scare of something happening to me and the baby, so I am not sure what to do....
April 12th, 2012, 07:55 PM
Super Mommy
yes they did have me try diferent positions, and none seemed to work....
I guess what scares me the most, is I just have to hear one bad story and then I am freaked out.
There is a woman who I work with and she had a c-section and 12 years later she got pregnant and attempted a VBAC...Her story was similar to my vaginal births....She pushed for 3 hours, and they had to take baby out with vaccum, and when doing that, it ruptured the uterus, and she bleed alot and needed many many blood transfusions, and 12 hours later they had to remove her uterus....
I still have not decided, but my husband is scare of something happening to me and the baby, so I am not sure what to do....
April 15th, 2012, 06:20 AM
3Sapphires's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
the risk of rupture is less than 1% so yes you will hear a story once a in a blue moon, you carry a risk of rupture with every pregnancy, scarred uterus or not.

It is scary to choose a VBAC, especially with all the bad info out there and doctors only giving you the risks for VBAC but not really giving the risks of repeat c/s.

For me personally it is a risk worth taking, my risk of rupture is about 0.6% - as per a perinatologist. I'm sure that since I have had one successful VBAC the risk is even lower than that now.

Good luck with your decision.

FF Chart**CrazyAmiCrochet**
Missing Our Angels gone too soon 6/5/10 & 3/1/14
Adam Michael 9/22/06 (c-section)~Nathan Joseph 9/4/08 (VBAC)~Lincoln Thomas 9/5/12 (VBAC)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search