Vbac and EPO

Forum: VBAC: Vaginal Birth After a Caesarean

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By dream2bemommy22

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To VBAC: Vaginal Birth After a Caesarean LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 17th, 2012, 11:59 AM
dream2bemommy22's Avatar and baby makes 5
Hi ladies, not sure if this has been asked before or not, but since i am approaching on my due date with my 3rd baby ( and hopefully 2nd VBAC) i was hoping to get some opinions.

A little history ( not sure if it helps but here it is anyways)
DD was a scheduled csection in 2008, for breech. Never labored, or dilated past a 3.
DS was an induced (pitocin) VBAC in late 2009 ( 19 months after csection) i got to a 3 by 40 weeks and then was induced on my due date, and he was born withing 6 hours.

I am currently 34 weeks pregnant, and curious about EPO. I was all set to start taking it ( and have taken 2 pills already this week) but then had someone on these boards mention that VBACS are not recommended taking EPO becuase it can weaken the uterine scar and possibly cause rupture.

Has anyone had any experience either way with EPO and VBACS. Any and all info is appreciated. Of course when i look online i will find both sides of the arguement, so i was really hoping others had better facts for me. My OB is pro VBAC, but i can see him not knowing about or brushing off my questions about EPO.

Thanks.
April 17th, 2012, 12:48 PM
3Sapphires's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
never heard that. my midwife encouraged me to take it - both orally and vaginally. for my VBAC.

I was up to 6 caps vaginally the night before labor started. I think it helped quite a bit.

FF Chart**CrazyAmiCrochet**

Missing Our Angels gone too soon 6/5/10 & 2/19/14
Adam Michael 9/22/06 (c-section)~Nathan Joseph 9/4/08 (VBAC)~Lincoln Thomas 9/5/12 (VBAC)

May 24th, 2012, 02:49 PM
SugarNSpice's Avatar VBAC Mommy!!!
Send a message via MSN to SugarNSpice Send a message via Yahoo to SugarNSpice
Um...not sure where you heard that but I took EPO before both of my VBACs, even used it vaginally with my last one as well as orally and I had 2 wonderful VBACs and I dilated quickly and easily. I don't believe that it weakens the scar. It's wonderful.

May 25th, 2012, 10:14 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I used it orally and vaginally as well. The midwife I saw (saw her for routine appts, peri for important ones) said RRL Tea and EPO were fine, just don't use Castor Oil or the Cohoshes.
May 25th, 2012, 01:19 PM
dream2bemommy22's Avatar and baby makes 5
Thanks ladies. i did end up taking it from 34 weeks to 37 weeks 4days when i had DD. My water broke and my plug came out. Ive never gone into labor naturally before, so i am pretty sure the EPO helped things along. i only took it vaginally.
3Sapphires likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search